Support Ticket Software & Online Server Monitoring
I've been researching support ticket software for my site, have looked at loads and thought I'd ask for peoples recommendations before taking the plunge.
1) Can be hosted on Windows server so ASP, .NET or PHP
2) Either MySQL or MS SQL backend, preferably MySQL
3) Automatically recieve emails and convert into tickets
4) Good template engine so can customise look and feel or at least integrate into my sites existing structure
5) FAQ & Knowledge base would also be nice to haves
6) Notification by email and possibly SMS
7) Escalation rules so can manage who gets notified of different types of submissions
Am prepared to pay for the right product although obviously don't want to pay the earth. Any recommendations for support ticket software?
I'm also looking for a good online server monitoring service to automatically notify me if my clients sites go down. Notification by email or SMS, although can could get SMS elsewhere.
Any recommendations for online server monitors and/or email to SMS providers?
I think Kayako is still by far tops for what it is able to do. Have you considered runing the monitor program on your server / different from the clients of course. If so - you could try some of the free ones like Nagios or purchase one like Hybodus.
WHMCS can provide BOTh server monitoring AND support ticket systems. Not only this, but it will do one better and serve as a BILLING client.
WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more. WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
Linux Problems? WHMCS Issues? +1-866-546-8914 (linux-14) or @whmcsguru on twitter!