Make Parking Pages

Hello Guys. I use Directi to register domains. As you will know they dont offer Parked pages for new domain registrations so when a client registers a new domain they are dead. Not even to ping. The second i activate the domain on a server, mostly because they added a hosting account, it starts working. Is there a way that i can make a page and that all new domains resolve to that page. I tried CNAMEs and some DNS stuff but nothing. I must activate the domain on my server so it resolves. I want new domains to resolve without activating any domain manually. So when a new domain gets registered its starts resolving right away. There are services like Esedo and stuff but i really would like my own parked page for all new domains.

What page DirectI 'gives' you if you're using their nameservers?
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Nothing at all. The domain doesnt respond to browser, not to ping, not to traceroute. Its dead if if use the directi DNS.

Quote Originally Posted by nibb
    Nothing at all. The domain doesnt respond to browser, not to ping, not to traceroute. Its dead if if use the directi DNS.
    Are you sure of that? Have you purchased their 'managed DNS' package?

Of course i have not purchased the DNS package. That is an extra service for hosting DNS. But even with that you dont have a parking page. Thats a DNS hosting and management service.

You can't have ANY page displayed if your DNS aren't configured properly and Apache isn't setup to display webcontent... So, you either have your own nameservers, your hosting company nameservers OR DirectI nameservers configured to receive traffic for your domain.

For example GoDaddy, when you register new domain there, is using their own nameservers, you see parked page with ads and GoDaddy gets all revenue if somedoby clicks on them. You want this kind of parking? I - not.

Do you have your own servers or do you use a hosting service? In either case, just put your own parking page on whichever one and point your Directi regged domain to whichever server you are using. Alternatively, use a ppc service, and point your domain to their parking pages.

Re:

I think you have not gone through the domain registration properly. They put their own name servers when you register a domain so when a domain is registered, their sponsored page comes.

Well, even I would like to know about this... is there any way for this

"I register a domain, enter my name server. The park page should come without configuring anything in my web server. Is there any way for this? Say if DirectI can put their parking page just by having their name servers, why can't we? I mean DirectI is not going to make setup for each domain registered with their name server. Even when the domain is expired, their own name server replaces our name server and the site starts to ping from their server with the sponsored page on the site."

There should be a way... is there anyone to find out the same??

Quote Originally Posted by rajsharma
    They put their own name servers when you register a domain so when a domain is registered, their sponsored page comes.
    Negative. There is no welcome / parking page when you park a domain to their (ResellerClub) nameservers.

Yes i have a server and a DNS. No, Directi doesnt give you a welcome / parking page.
    Yes, i could just activate the domain on my server and thats it. But that is exactly what i dont want, i dont want to manually activate the domains on the apache. Thats what i want to avoid, if i have 100 domains registered i dont want to manually set up a hosting for each just for 1 single html. I want that to be automatic. Like this:
    http://opensourceparking.com/

YOu dont notifiy them of nothing, you just point to their DNS and Voila, a webpage is displayed, thats what i want exactly. So i just use my Defaults DNS on New domains, and thats it, the domain has a parking page, without ay kind of human intervention by myself.