Australian Bulk Hosting

Hey Guys,

I have a number of small websites and i am looking at hosting them in australia, but i am having trouble locating a good value host. Does anyone know if there is a host like Hostgator in australia that offers unlimited domains for $10-20 a month?

Or Should i just not worry and go for US based hosting with someone like Hostgator?

Thanks
    Leon

Hi,

It all depends on your preference and needs, in most cases a US host should be fine, an example would be many european users on US Hosts based on the east coast and so on. There are some good points for you to join a australia based host if you want to have your websites hosted there and so on, and there's a difference between hosts based in australia with servers located there and other australia hosts who may colocate or lease servers from the US and so on.

A good example would be Dotable. Aussie Bob, a regular here on WHT have his servers located here in the United States and him working from Australia.

Good luck with your search.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

You won't find one with unlimited domains or quota's anywhere near US hosting but you should find a decent host with reseller packages for around $20/mth
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Yeh thats the kicker. If i could find reasonably priced Aus based servers i would go for that, i guess even if it is say 10 domains instead of "unlimited". But at the end of the day i am not sure if i am even going to be reselling any hosting, i am just going to have a number of small sites that may grow bigger.

I was curious about Aus based because we run several company websites that rely on speed, hence the need for local servers. For these other "test/development" sites i have, speed would be nice, but cost is probably going to be more important.

Thanks
    Leon

The problem is that Australia's bandwidth prices are too high.
    www.mdwebhosting.com.au has a few reseller plans, they've dropped prices since I was with them but for $25AUD p/m you get 4GB space and 40GB bandwidth.

Anyway, there's always www.webhostingtalk.com.au
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused

You know, skeletor, you may have a look at such host as
    http://www.dedicatedservers.com.au/.
    They are in Melbourne, Australia or I'd recommend you to look at http://corporate.pacific.net.au/
    I hope you'll look everything through and find there what you want.
    Good luck