Can't post in Firefox

Sorry if this has come up before, but I searched and didn't find anything.

I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.7 on Windows with pretty liberal browser settings, and I can't make a post. Quick reply and full reply both show up and look fine, except the text entry box is disabled. I've restarted the programe and it's the same.

Any ideas, or do I have to keep loading up IE?

Does it happen on other forums or just here at WHT?

Try the test forum at www.vbulletin.com.
    Steve

(Excuse me, just testing.)

Ok, so I can use quick reply normally in IE, but in Firefox it only works if I click the quick reply to post icon (I didn't notice it until trying the board at vbulletin). Advanced reply doesn't work for me over there, either.

Looks like a problem with your Firefox installlation or settings then rather than a problem with WHT in particular. Pretty sure there are some Firefox support forums, or sites like Mozillazine where people might have seen the same thing. Probably worth a shot looking at a few of them.
    Steve

Ah well, it's not horribly inconvenient so I'll just work around it. Thanks for your time.

Odd, works fine with FireFox 1.5.0.7 here.

Alex

I'm using the same version and works fine here. Probably something with your settings.

This is probably too simple but just in case, could it be that you're not logged in with Firefox but you are with IE? Right now I'm logged in with IE but if I open Firefox and go to WHT, I will be a guest until I login through Firefox.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

When not logged in at all you won't see a quick reply box, and if you click reply you will be asked to login. So won't get to see a text box at all.

Was a good guess though, I had to log out to test it as I thought that might be it
    Steve

You could always grab the IE Tab extension for FireFox and just use that for browsing WHT as a temporary fix.

Alex

I have IEtab, very handy extension, so I'm not too bothered. (And yeah, I did check that I was logged in! )

Oh oh, it works!

In case anyone else has the same issue, I switched from basic to standard editor in profile:edit-options, and this one seems to work fine.
    I'm the friendly face of depravity!

Quote Originally Posted by Anika
    Oh oh, it works!

In case anyone else has the same issue, I switched from basic to standard editor in profile:edit-options, and this one seems to work fine.

My initial guess would be for you to clear your cache in Firefox and see if that fixes the issue also. If you have an older copy of the JavaScript files cached that can cause this issue.

-Mat

My guess is you have install a plugin which cause your problem.

Had an issue with a plugin where all popup windows had no scrollbars anymore and the plugin had nothing to do with popups.

Try to 'disable' all your extensions and then add them one after the other to find the guilty one.

G
    PutFile.io — Disrupting traditional file hosting.
    █ Signup Early and enjoy Unlimited space/bandwidth for your files hosting, Forever!
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

I had the problem, i blamed ZoneAlarm, and i was right...turn it off and try.