Opening a convenience store

No.. I am not, but I was wondering how that works when somebody opens it.

Do you contact your local tictac and doritos (etc) dealer for products, or do you go to some warehouse and buy them for cheap or what? How does it work? What about when you want to have the lottery ticket thingy....?

I'm just curious about these things. I also does not have to be lottery tickets, it can be a phone store, or anything.

Any experience?
    Thanks.
    Rene K.

Quote Originally Posted by innovation

Do you contact your local tictac and doritos (etc) dealer for products, or do you go to some warehouse and buy them for cheap or what? How does it work? What about when you want to have the lottery ticket thingy....?

I'm just curious about these things. I also does not have to be lottery tickets, it can be a phone store, or anything.

Any experience?
    Thanks.
    My father owns two stores in montreal's subway, I'd say most of it comes from a wholesaler, often companies (say Adams) will send a rep to help fill a new order to the wholesaler. This way they promote both the wholesalers business and their own by encouraging you to buy X cases of the product and they give you incentives if you buy a certain amount.

Sometimes Costco is cheaper than the wholesaler so he'll buy them there instead.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed hosting solutions / AS63447
    Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by innovation

Any experience?
    Thanks.
    Where I live in the UK, there's a big wholesaler warehouse, where if you're a registered business and registered with them, you get to go in and buy discounted boxes of sweets, toilet roll, milk, loads and loads of cigars/cigarettes, pretty much anything that you would find in a convienience store.

Its better to go through the company itself, when you buy directly though the company say for instance Frito-Lay you get free promotional items, credits on torn/opened bags, etc etc.

Say for instance you buy 100 bags of Frito-Lay products per month and you only sell 80, Frito-Lay will pickup those 10 un-sold OUT OF DATE bags (when they restock your shelf) and you will get credit towards the unsold bags, now if you have bought them say for instance at Costco/Sams you would be out of that money. All direct companies work like this. I worked at a gas station when i was 17-18 so i learned a bit.

Coca-Cola, etc all work like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoy
    Its better to go through the company itself, when you buy directly though the company say for instance Frito-Lay you get free promotional items, credits on torn/opened bags, etc etc.

Say for instance you buy 100 bags of Frito-Lay products per month and you only sell 80, Frito-Lay will pickup those 10 un-sold OUT OF DATE bags (when they restock your shelf) and you will get credit towards the unsold bags, now if you have bought them say for instance at Costco/Sams you would be out of that money. All direct companies work like this. I worked at a gas station when i was 17-18 so i learned a bit.

Coca-Cola, etc all work like this.
    Badboy is right, my friend owns a store and when his stuff expires frito-lay comes and gives him credit for the stuff he doesn't sell. I estimate that he get like 2/3 of money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken
    Where I live in the UK, there's a big wholesaler warehouse, where if you're a registered business and registered with them, you get to go in and buy discounted boxes of sweets, toilet roll, milk, loads and loads of cigars/cigarettes, pretty much anything that you would find in a convienience store.
    and I bet that's called Metro

at least in Germany and Italy that's the main wholesaler
    NetJaguar , LLC: the roaring hosting!
    Created for beginners, perfect for pro's!
    Direct Admin with Installatron - Linux Hosting - try us before you pay

When you open the store, beforehand you try to ask others about the best company around.

For example in NYC, you have more than 5 milk companies, you have to try or research beforehand to see which one suits you better.

There are wholesaler which would stock your store for 20-50 thousand bucks (depending on what you get).

But then you want to deal straight with companies such as:

* Milk
    * Chips
    * Soda/Drinks
    * Candies (usually they sell tobacco too).
    * Ice cream
    * Magazines/Newspaper (you can have up to 5 different companies at the same time).
    * Shelf sweets (again up to 5 different kinds, entemanns, lady, etc..).

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...