ServerMatrix.net?

Hey,

I am looking for a good dedicated server reseller, so I can start a web-hosting site. I have heard good reviews about ServerMatrix.net. Does anyone have any experiance with them? Or does anyone have any suggestions other than ServerMatrix.net?

Thanks, Brandon.

ServerMatrix / The Planet is in the middle of a merger with EV1Servers at the moment. I can't speak for The Planet, but EV1's support is going down the toilet at the moment because of the merger process. Worth keeping in mind.

adam

Wink

I recommand zipservers, reseller of LT.

Servermatrix was "okay" when I used them before, network was decent, support was responsive but just plain bad. They reformatted my hard-drive by accident.

I would like into somebody like Steadfast.net who has never let me down and their network is supperior to all that I've ever used
    Linux junkie | steward.io

We have servers with ServerMatrix, For windows servers with HELM control panel, i think ServerMatrix is best. For Linux, you can get better offer from other providers like LayeredTech.

I currently have 2 servers with TP/SM

1 is a Matrixtreme server and the other is a Total Control dual xeon server.

I've never had any problems with them...their network is top notch.

Would highly recommend them.

we had few server with before. they are ok for support. But there netwok is very good.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

yeah, support can be good some times, other times it's so so.

Usually if you have problems with support you can pm a staff on the forums and they usually make sure you get taken care of.

Ive had a few dual xeons with them (they were xeon 2.4s) but we changed them to theplanet total control (2.8s). They are basically the same company (servermatrix and theplanet) SM is a sister company to TP. When I used them they had a great network, but this was over a year ago before they got extremly popular.

I've been with them for the last 3 years and still with them. For me, it was the best price/feature and one which I am familiar with. They are probably not the best kid on the block but they do have solid network and good hardware/software combination. I don't see myself leaving them any time soon.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Same here: just about three years and counting. Never really needed support so I can't comment on it. I think in those 3 years I opened ~5 tickets, some about custom routing requests which indeed (to my surprise) were implemented. It's not all perfect at SM -- my ROD still doesn't work, but I hardly need hard reboots so I'm not too concerned. Server hardware has been reliable (been through couple generations of servers with them). The Network and overall uptime has been excellent. This is what I mostly care about. I use those servers for VoIP so low latency, no packet loss and no jitter are quite important to me. In case of network problems, it takes no time for my phone to ring -- or, ironically, not -- if everything is down. I guess it depends what you need from a provider; SM provides me with what I need without charing and arm and a leg for it.
    Pings <1 ms, Unlimited Transfer, Lowest Price: http://localhost/

It should be servermatrix.com not .net
    TP Network is good, support is good for reboot request (ROD doesn't work in one of the servers )
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

Servermatrix/Theplanet is one of my favourite dedicated provider. We have servers with them for more than 3 years and will stay as long as they are same or getting better.
    24Shells in Business Since 2003 - AS55081
    Dedicated Servers, Linux VPS Hosting, Windows VPS Hosting
    @24Shells - 24shells.net

SM here as well. No problems with the network or speed. Haven't had to use support in 599 days and counting (that would be the server's uptime as well) *grin*
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTech
    SM here as well. No problems with the network or speed. Haven't had to use support in 599 days and counting (that would be the server's uptime as well) *grin*
    Shocking.

Are you not doing security updates?
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    Shocking.

Are you not doing security updates?
    They are being done...this is a backup ftp box only. It's locked down. I'm not worried. Biggest issue we had was resolved by simply blocking out a few "bad" IP ranges. Amazing though, lately our webbox (different provider) has been getting slammed by rooted boxes from EV1.
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

Thanks for the tips everyone. I will exploer those options more.