Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Free Game Control Panel (Windows and Linux)

Hey Guys,
    I was the original person to help give ideas and design this control panel with the coder/designer. This is what we use and it is free.
    I hate to give it out, but he seriously needs people to test it.
    What is does
    Manage: Game and voice servers running on remote Linux & Windows machines in multiple cities all from a single centralized web-based interface. Spend weeks trying to figure out the logic of the competition's software or minutes on this.

Features: Update of Red Orchestra, install/update of HL/HL2 mods (counter strike, day of defeat, etc) via the panel, and web-based file editor for all games. Web-based game server management w/ smart integrate billing. Add simple and easy functionality to remote game managment, and a lot more. Clients wanting to run their own game servers needs very little admin know-how to manage their own server as the settings, map rotations, and game types are auto-generated to the config file.
    It supports multitudes of games..
    Ventrilo
    Teamspeak
    BattleField 2 All, Demo
    Red Orchestra
    Half-Life 2: Source All
    Half-Life All
    America's Army + Honor Servers
    Call of Duty 2 Yes
    Call of Duty Yes, United Offensive
    Medal of Honor: AA Spearhead, Breakthrough
    BattleField 1942 All
    BattleField Vietnam All
    Raven Shield Athena Sword
    Soldier of Fortune II Yes
    Halo
    RTCW: Enemy Territory Yes
    Unreal Tournament 2004
    Quake 4 Yes
    Jedi Knight: Academy Yes
    Jedi Knight II: Outcast Yes

Any questions can be asked through free support on their website.
    I'd just thought you guys would like to know.

OPERATIONSBASE.NET << Thats the website
    Next-Generation Game Servers- www.NextGenServers.com - Play On. Fast, Reliable, Low ping, No Lag, full support servers. Providing Professional, Low Cost, but effective services to gamers like you. Providing the nextgen of gaming services.

I would love to try this out but unfortunatly I dont work in the GPS buisness anymore : /
    Good luck though! I asked some of my buddies who still own GPSs to try it, lets see if they like it

Don't install it first on a production server is all i'm saying.

Uhmm.. Your friend probably had his system comprimised.. None the less, I've used it for a good 5 months now, and its been perfectly fine! Great even.
    I love it and its a tab bit difficult to start up at first but its fine after.
    I think you guys need to possibly check your systems again.
    Next-Generation Game Servers- www.NextGenServers.com - Play On. Fast, Reliable, Low ping, No Lag, full support servers. Providing Professional, Low Cost, but effective services to gamers like you. Providing the nextgen of gaming services.

I still haven't figured out how to install the thing!
    Core-Fusion Technologies-With exclusive license to use theHCP

Do in order...
    Download Ioncube, and install it..
    Download Libssh2 and install it.
    Download SSH2 and compile/install
    Download The Files and run it, give perms to 777.

OperationsBase is straight up PHP on linux/windows web servers, the only other thing I coded is a 64K executable that runs on only Windows Software and the only thing that application does is search for and stop a PID. All the other software ( SCREEN on Linux game servers, IonCube and SSH2 PHP extension for web server, and SSH/FTP Server on Windows Game server, and 7-Zip Zip utility on Windows Game server is provided readily on the web with no affilation to me and none are know for Hacking ), I did get an email from the person that said they experienced some kind of warning, now he said that the web software tried to make an SSH connection, and it does make a Secure Shell connection, pretty much all Linux based systems use it. Now I got a message from him in which he jumped to about the worst conclusion possible that "hacking" was taking place, now linux game servers automatically keep log of .bash_history were every ssh cmd is easily seen. Operations Base trying to "Hack" "into" a system is completely unnessisary because it already has all the access to the privedges of the ssh user, and then there is a complete log of every bash command sent. It doesn't use Root and if you look at the .bash_history nothing remotely close to hacking takes place. The university that he named is very likely to have a security system that could get "triggered" over almost anything, I was told that my application cause it, security systems can be SUPER dumb, they send up flags. Flags themselves mean nothing but Look at me! People readily jump at the chance to make gross exagerations of expericences when a cold hard analyisis of actuall facts and communications yeilds no injustice done. I do something almost none of the other game panel software providers do, the statement that the customer is always right is FALSE. People in game hosting and game renting are famously about the least professional people in ANY business. I provide hours of support to almost anyone that asks it, but I get kids that Demand I stop what I'm doing no matter how busy I am and tell me to explain why a FTP account doesn't work etc. Now I will tell a person that I can't help them at the moment and if they can't wait and tell me it's my job to take care of this issue immeadiately, I don't program FTP servers and configuring them is not my job. This same person can post in a forum that support sucks (and they do!). The same clients that rent game servers also may decide to start renting game servers, it's often the same mentality. The problem with web business is that becuase of the format people don't think about what they communicate and what they post or IM some guy, that jump to conclusions without thinking. I could spend hours posting in blogs about what people will do when they think they can make a quick buck off you or feel like burning your reputation because you make them feel small.

Jon Griffin

oh, one more thing - "hacking taking place". he told me that some kind of process name ssh something keep coming up at the same time he tried using it. he supplied zero evidence of any "Hacking", he had no clue what was going on and didn't know what to think of it. if you think about all the obvious things about a "control panel", a computer making a connection to a computer, anything you look at that doesn't make sense could be called hacking with only a fraction of thinking involved, often i wish i could have a judge judy friend to help me out with how people word things, i just get the feeling that i'm have/gonna have a undeserved reputation due to what the mentality of so many people involved in game hosting have. i've noticed a huge anything goes, no such thing as slander, calling things that are inconvienent breaches of contract... way of doing things. I could go on and on.

Jon

I sew this before few days, this very nice, but how the hell i need to install this?

Please contact me on either MSN or AIM, i'd like to speak with you about this software privately.

In regards to the first post by Adam ( NitOxYs ) wrote, he was not the first person to give ideas etc. He's been using my software for a long while, one of the early adopters even, but I don't know where he came up with that.

Ok, let me make an attitude adjustment, I have failed with a few people for a few simple reasons, I'm not a business person, from the start designing and developing this game control panel I've had very close to no interest in marketing it or dealing and customer service, I've had people that have been using it for free for many months that tell me to charge for it, but I have a hard time with transitioning to that. I have from the VERY start wanted to own and have my own web-based application that I have complete control over in regards to direction and development, but have very very little desire to market and get swamped with requests directly. The problem has been that I've talked people that come from the wide wide world of business and most of what they say to me sounds like such B.S., it has much more to do with my own personal goals then a reflection per se on their business aptitude.

Killer App. Ok, there is a trend in Game Panel developers, mediocre to barely functioning software and a in-your-face I'm more 1337 than you - mentality, and so on. I don't think I'm gonna turn the industry on it's ear, I know a couple people out there that have far better connections and marketing savvy and they are due whatever success they find.

So in regards to the aforementioned security issue. I don't know in what regard that my software may have seemed to, or in actually cause any flags to go off, I know my code backwards and forwards and couldn't think of anything that could have caused an issue. Any connection from the web-server to a remote system is all configured based upon entered data: ip address, ssh port, ssh login, ssh pass, basic cmds' are run on the remote systems with limited privledges. The software doesn't scan for addresses or ports to connect to at random and is based off entered user data. I'm sorry for reacting with a blunt, that's nonsense reply as I should have investigated further into the root cause of whatever the actual network related issue was and if/or how it may relate to my software. So if someone would like to post the specific information relating to this event I would appreciate it and maybe a system administrator could spot something about a firewall or router issue and why it may have triggered an event. I just ask that you don't use generalizations or it seemed like... what softare did you have on the web-server, on the remote server, software/routers used via the network. I bet someone could nail what the issue was. If not I can use google.

Jon

opsbase:
    I'm not a business person, from the start designing and developing this game control panel I've had very close to no interest in marketing it or dealing and customer service
    Develop it and sell it then.

I'm sorry for reacting with a blunt, that's nonsense reply as I should have investigated further into the root cause of whatever the actual network related issue was and if/or how it may relate to my software.
    Now you are moving in the right direction.... don't sell it yet
    Host, YES!
    Reselling? Partner for profit instead!

I realize that my previous post implies I don't want to support what I'm doing. I'm fine with Basic support and more, helping people with configurations issue, and getting started, fixing bugs quickly etc. The main difficulty is what gets grouped under the support "tent" for some people, i.e. a 15 year old(ish) kid that gets a dedicated server and wants to get started renting servers, almost everything for people like that gets grouped into the "control panel doesn't work", a server crashes and the control panel does work. They add an entire Class C IP block starting from something like .251 "default gateway", when they only have a single ip and then associate an ip address that they don't even have with a box and wonder why they get the message that FTP server is not online, they have NO idea what the problem is except that the control panel does not work. "I'm losing customers!". I don't know if this is an American thing (FYI, I'm in Minnesota), but I find that most of the GSP's that use my Game Panel are from Europe and they usually start using it, have a couple of questions and that's about it, and I hardly hear from them accept for feature requests or just to chat about "wuz sup".

I suppose someone could (and likely is...) making software that could do pretty much everything, and I have an idea for that guy: the admin panel could just show how much money it's making, how much money was made sorted by lots of different views, hourly, monthly. I bet that guy would have a strong Robot following, but I'm finding that people that appreciate what I'm doing are more along the line of the classic ( *Linux using ) Geek, they like my software because it adds to what they are doing, and actually doesn't do-it-all for them. I don't want all GSP's as clients, I want the person that likes to do it how they want and appreciates software that adds functionality without taking away from real control. I'm know Cortex is VERY cool, but I hear from a lot of people that don't like it because it "takes over the machine". I also know (if I get there or not) that I'm capable of making a control panel that is compareable to anything out there, that I can match features and make progressive jumps in functionality, but I also realize that even if I keep approximate pace with that, that I'm not sociopathic enough to have as big as success as them. I'm not sociopathic enough to do a lot of the B.S. that so many people require, I dont' want money that much.

Jon

Sigh.. He just quit and disappeared, He got sick and tired of kids.

Why not get the gameserver add-on pack with cPanel or Plesk?

Why would I? Mine still works

Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs
    Why would I? Mine still works
    You'll need one in June. Jon said the script expires at that time. I could also provide you a few other reasons why he quit the project, you can contact me on AIM about that if you'd like.
    PDC Lan Webhosting
    Linux Shared and Reseller Plans at discount prices!

what a shame. i hate to see people put in so much time to just close it up. i wonder if any one would take over the work and continue on the project.

The cPanel GS addon isn't all that great, but I guess it's because it's still in development. I use TCAdmin on Windows for my GS clients Works like a dream

I know why he quit, He was sick of kids complaining about their issues.
    I actually took for granted his control panel that I was getting (for free), I might say.
    I appreciate all the work he did, and hopefully one day he will return, and come to know this.

I'll would install it now, but the project is closed

If you want a hand getting this project back running, let me know

Its gone, He deleted everything, and stop going on the computer.

I see Jon is on. Hopefully You read my comments, but I would like to thank you for the work you did, and hopefully one day you will come to think that you have greatly impacted all of us.
    I would just like to thank you personally for doing everything that you did, the panel, support.. Everything.
    I also would like to appologize for stressing you out sometimes, I just wanted to help get this control panel to best it possibly could. I would have done support for you but you never really said anything about it.
    Sometimes when you get sick of something, it is time to step back for a while then come back to it later. I think it wasn't a very smart decision (I think it was a rash decision)to delete the source code. You could have sold that off to support you ventures.
    If you ever want to talk to me I'll be on MSN,
    nitoxys@rgservers.net I've been looking for a new control panel, and I can't find anything close to this. So I think that I took it for granted and wish that I hadn't, I guess this was a major awakening.
    Well I hope you find your own path, and that It leads back to the community.
    Thanks,
    Adam
    Last edited by NitOxYs; 01-11-2007 at 07:54 PM.

As a programmer myself I know how you feel.
    As a user of gaming control panels I wish you the best!
    Free never means freedom for the programmer!
    LOL

Dude, I feel your pain.

As someone who wants to offer to those that appreciate, the gaming market unfortunately couldn't be worse.

You have to be incredibly thick skinned. I often walk out of my office and sit in the datacentre car park. I look up to the skies and ask, "Why?"
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast