Email/Calendar Host?

Hey all. I'm looking for a host that offers similar features to Google Hosted Apps or .Mac. The reason why I don't use either of these if because my employer likes to block popular email hosts.

So POP3/IMAP email, calendar features, address book, etc. Anyone know of any hosts that offer this?

Any host offering MS Exchange.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Almost every host has some form of what you looking for either through squirrel mail or horde. just have a look around.

Hi,

Most host should offer a webmail solution with pop3/smtp compatability. These should also include features inside the webmail such as address book or calender. Some hosts also offer free instant installations of scripts such as Calender and Address book.

Good luck!
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

smartermail has a built-in calendar, task list, contacts, etc... any host offering smartmail should fit your needs.
    www.griffinhosting.com

WHMCS Security Plus+ : Addon module with additional security features for WHMCS billing system.

Any cPanel host can pretty much do all of those things.
    TWC, LLC - USA based w/ three teams behind us!
    We will beat any web development or design quote

http://totalwebcentral.com/

Thanks for the suggestions. I forgot to mention that I need something that doesn't connect to a certain port (besides 80). I've played with Horde before and I like it, except the address is www.mysite.com:2895 or something similar, which my work blocks!

Sounds like you work for somewhere where they're really strict, or the IT admins don't have a clue how to filter properly!

Anyway, a number of hosts (1and1 is just an example) offer what you're looking for. The key would really be to contact each host you find and ask them how you will be accessing the service - I am fairly sure that no member here can speak authoritatively for a provider they do not work for.

Good luck!
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

I think cpanel hosts stick the webmail (horde, squirel, etc..) on different ports. It all varies by webhost provider. just find one you like, and ask on thier forum, or through the helpdesk.
    www.griffinhosting.com

WHMCS Security Plus+ : Addon module with additional security features for WHMCS billing system.

gcc-hosting, I think you misunderstood the OP. He wishes to find a solution that does not make use of sockets for accessing the email service.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com