Do Affordable, Quality and Fanatical Support Dedicated Servers Exist?

Hi, please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this, if it is, would someone be so kind as to tell me where I should post this as I do not want to piss off the mods.

Times are tight and I need to dramatically cut down my costs.

I have become very dissatisfied with my dedicated server web hosting company, recently the quality, cost, customer support has gone down the toilet. What would be the best way to find a dedicated server hosting company in the USA, like a tier one, that would provide affordable servers, with fanatical tech support and server management, and in the $150 to $200 range, right now im spending $300 a month for a dual xeon, and I dont need that much power, and that much cost, plus I pay $100 to easy server management to manage my server, so I spend $400 a month to run my hosting company, I want to get that cost down dramatically, I need a server for like $150K with lots of unique IPs like maybe a dozen. Im just very worried about going with a new company, and the service and quality not be there, can anyone offer some advice as to how is the best way to go about solving my financial problems to cut down my costs and survive the cut throat hosting market.

Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong place to make this kind of post,

You can probably get that for $300 a month mark, $100 to $200 range is going to be tough. Especially long term.

Face it the major cost of doing business in hosting is personal cost not hardware, bandwidth etc.

To get fanatical support you have to pay or no one is going to do it long term.
    You might find an upstart somewhere but if they are too cheap then as they get popular which they will if they are too cheap, the business model does not scale long term and you end up with them dropping response times or raising prices.

Pick any 2:
    * Price
    * Speed
    * Reliability

Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

The offers section on here has lots of servers in the $100-$150 range. As long as you don't need the fanatical support (full management) also, that should be easy enough to do. Some providers charge for the ip's, some give it away - it depends, but since you only said you needed 12 IP's thats not that much anyway so it should fit your $150/month budget. If you were looking for full manamagent and a server at $150 level its not very likely to work out well if you can even find it.
    Colohouse | P: 877-539-4638 | E: hello@colohouse.com
    Dedicated Servers | Cloud VPS | Colocation | Web Hosting | Public & Private Cloud | IaaS & DRaaS
    Data Centers: New York | Chicago | Miami | Colorado | California | Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by bqinternet
    Pick any 2:
    * Price
    * Speed
    * Reliability

That is so true!

Pick any 2:
    * Price
    * Speed
    * Reliability

I have to totally agree with that one
    » VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

Pick any 2:
    * Price
    * Speed
    * Reliability

Amen! When are dual xeons with 2 gigs of ram, and 100mps unmetered gonna cost less than $100 a month?

Quote Originally Posted by devhostweb
    Amen! When are dual xeons with 2 gigs of ram, and 100mps unmetered gonna cost less than $100 a month?
    probably never. The price of RAM fluctuates. It gets to its cheapest point then gets expensive because obsolete ram is discontinued.

The last 2 years the dedictated server market got pretty tight and most companies with cheap offers are only trying to produce quantity. To achieve a high quality product you will need to sign up with one of the premium products but you need to be pretty careful because mostly these products are handled by the same teams the cheap products are also handled. They are just allowed to perform some more actions for free. So in my opinion you might be better off using a more expensive offer in one of the smaller companies that are really specialized on giving you quality you need.

In general i think it will be either price or quality because especially a good support offer will cost the provider quite a fortune to realize.
    Check out our personalized hosting products http://www.aquarius-it.de

I think the simple answer No, No dedicated servers exist under the price of $100 and i have been doing my research into this because MCIT needed a Dedicated Server. [Mod edit] But i really doubt finding a decent Dedicated server for under $100/month. There was one for $20 a month i saw but it was a ripe off because the support was $26 a ticket and live support was even more it was scandel.

Dedicated servers have 3 boxes to tick Quality, General Support and Price and i think its impossible to have all 3 checked.
    Last edited by bear; 10-01-2006 at 11:26 AM.

I was under the impression that server prices were cutting in half every 2 years and doubling in power every two years.

Pick any 2:
    * Price
    * Speed
    * Reliability
    Concise! I like it, wish I could do it! :-)

How might you advise someone who ordered their priorities like this?

1. Reliability
    2. Speed
    3. Price

SOFTLAYER

Period.

Quote Originally Posted by devhostweb
    150$ I'd say is the minimum acceptable price.

Quote Originally Posted by wanagi
    The last 2 years the dedictated server market got pretty tight and most companies with cheap offers are only trying to produce quantity.
    If you browse the Net, you'll find dedicated from 46$, but of course, that won't be Dual Xeon, Intel Celeron IDE.

Quote Originally Posted by billardent
    If you browse the Net, you'll find dedicated from 46$, but of course, that won't be Dual Xeon, Intel Celeron IDE.
    Mmmmyeah! Isn't that kind of the point he just pointed out?

hmm..
    I would recomend getting a server for around $175 and then for $50 getting a server management company/person e.g. voidsecurity

www.wattproxy.info