Hardware Problems

Hi guys, I have had a problem computer for some time now, and it is time to fix it or use the parts for a new pc.

It is a Medion, which is a german PC, I have had it for some time. Up to a few months ago it was working fine, until it gave me a windows error that had a IRQ/ Driver error. This was shown through a blue screen. I thought that the hard drive was infected with a bug or something.

The blue screen error would come up everytime I turned on the computer until the computer started giving me an error at startup before windows started.

I gave up on the hard drive so I decided to replace it. I had built a new computer around this time so I just recently got the new hard drive. I installed the new hard drive and had some video problems. I put in a PCI video card and it started up. I installed windows until there was a problem in the secondary setup, it gave me the blue screen again.

Loosing more and more hope, I thought I would try to install Ubuntu, the installation went well until i got an error that kept coming up: Cannot Enable Port 2. Maybe the USB cable is bad?

At this point I am starting to think that the motherboard is the problem, either a electrical error or a crack or something.

I have taken out the small battery and done almost everything I could to fix this computer, as far as PSU goes, I replaced that right in the beginning from a 250 watt to a 400 watt.

What do you think the problem is? Is it with the hard drive? I am going to be going to tigerdirect tomorrow and getting a new motherboard. I need this computer fixed by monday, do you guys have any suggestions on what the problem could be? I do not want other things to be effected or broken by this problem, so I hope that the $20 i will be spending on the motherboard will be the last.

Replace everything and you will solve the issue... I guarantee it!
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

try to find ban part, go to friend and try every part on his PC

Unforutantely, I have pretty muched replaced everything except for the CPU.

Thanks for all of your help guys!

Now what the problem is that When I turn it on, it beeps once and the fan goes off. But when I put a PCI Graphics Card in there, the fan keeps going, but there is no beep and no video.

Quote Originally Posted by phlint
    I have taken out the small battery and done almost everything I could to fix this computer, as far as PSU goes, I replaced that right in the beginning from a 250 watt to a 400 watt.
    Odds are the MB cannot handle a 400 watt power source, even if a new MB. Replacing with a 300 - 350 watt should solve some problems. Also, if you did replace the MB why did you not also replace the CPU?
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available