Poor Kayako Experience

Hey guys,

I just thought I would post up about my poor Kayako experience..

A couple months ago, we decided to give Kayako a try. We signed up for a trial, and got it all set up. I emailed support a couple time with troubles we were having (email parser not working), and received incomplete, or not applicable responses to the problem.

About a week before the trial period ended, I asked if it woul dbe easy to transfer the settings from the trial over to a full featured license. I never received a response on this matter. The trial period then ended, and we lost all the settings that I had put into their hosted system.

We decided to give it a shot anyways. We ordered a monthly hosted license and set it all up. Low and behold, we had the same problem with the Email Parser not working. I followed the directions in the documentation. Kayako would only retrieve messages from the support emailbox manually, not automatically. I emailed a few times more to their support team, with no response. I posted on the message board, and received a response on the message board from an employee of Kayako asking for more information, and that he would do his best to fix the problem.

I traded a couple of emails from this individual, but the problem was never solved. After a week or two of frustration, I decided that we have to have a FUNCTIONAL ticketing system and I decided restore our OSTicket functionality. At this point, the individual emailed to our support box and received an autoresponse from OSTicket. He then asked what the problem was, because he got an autoresponse. I explained that we set up OSTicket again, and would like to cancel Kayako.

I decided it was time to cancel. I can't do business with a company that doesn't seem to support it's clients. I emailed sales and support asking for a cancelation and refund. I continue to email sales and support asking for a cancelation and refund. I have received no response. This has been weeks. I just received a notification email that we were billed for another month.

Now I have to go through and try to get THIS month refunded as well.

This is not a company I would suggest anyone do business with. They do not support their customers.

Wow, actually this is the first time I saw someone not satisfied with Kayako. Incorporating what you said into my overall views of Kayako, it seems like an extremely advanced support system if you can set it up correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by FR-Alex
    Wow, actually this is the first time I saw someone not satisfied with Kayako. Incorporating what you said into my overall views of Kayako, it seems like an extremely advanced support system if you can set it up correctly.
    Erm--Perhaps you should do a little reading on Kayako. It's a well known fact that their support sucks majorly.
    Big things coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H
    Erm--Perhaps you should do a little reading on Kayako. It's a well known fact that their support sucks majorly.
    Exactly, i just canceled mine for this reason as well. All kind of language barrier issues as well. Yes, their product is pretty good, if dont need any type of support from them. It really is to bad. If they got a actual business person instead of a developer to run the company, they might not keep losing customers over issues like this so often.

Hi,

Kayako has helped us out when we needed support, they're just a bit slower in terms of response time and usually takes few tickets/replies to get an issue resolved. Though you can always do some research yourself on their forums and try to resolve the issue with the help of your admins and so on.

Cheers
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Kayako overall is one of the best for what it does though there are other very useful alternatives out there - granted not as many bells and whistles as kayako - but many users don't touch all of what Kayako has to offer.

The one thing I found I don't like with Kayako is the pain and suffering you spend trying to successfully edit the response templates. You first have to figure out what the coding means (if it's not your fortay) in the template and then go and alter the language files - which can take you alot of clicking to get to the one you need. (they really need a better system here).

I am actually utilizing a Knowledge Base script and then have intergrated my own forms into he site that directly ties in with my Client Exec. What more do I possibly need at this moment, right? As we grow and increase in the number of request we receive for support - then we will possibly look into other software solutions. Kayako might be the answer then.