Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. * Layeredtech sales is a bunch of clowns

It's been 3 days and i still can't order. They try to do anything to deny my order though i do submit all the infos they require.

First, i used a bank of america card with my name, same name on my passport, they asked me to submit the proof of address. I have moved back to vietnam after finishing 4 years living in Usa for education, so i cannot do that and their sales Jenny Song told me that they accept credit card issued by my local bank as well.
    So i make a copy of all required docs which include a copy of CC, passport, utility bill and order again. 30 minutes later, Topher Chartier replied back telling I need to place a new order with the payment method specified as Paypal , i already did yesterday and asked them to cancel for me as i can't submit the proof of address.
    This guy canceled my latest order without any warnings!! I asked him why and god he made me laugh with angry, he told me my name, Vo Viet Nam,sounds like my country name and he wants me to order with an acurate information. It doesn't make any sense to me because how in the world i can use other name to give him.
    Man, if that's a wrong name, how come i can use it to get passed the order process which requires an accurate infos(cardname, number, security code...).

Anyway, i'll go with other datacenter. I've been a customer of theplanet and superbserver, burst.net for years and none of them have ever done such things to me.

Could anyone recommend a good datacenter that provides AMD 64 althon servers? My current DC doesn't have it, so i have to look out for a replacement.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by herculesnetwork; 09-26-2006 at 11:18 PM.

Doesnt vietnam have paypal yet ? But doesnt LT accept cash or money orders?
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

3. no, vietnam is not yet in the list of country approved by paypal. The paypal account above is registered with my American BOA card.

That's ignorant if they had a problem with your name. Having an unusual name myself, I can sympathize.

Best of luck going with someone else.

I don't know, I don't think that it's really based on your name. My name is pretty strange (I'm Chinese) but I had no problem with ordering a server.

Anyways, have you ever considered SoftLayer?
    Core-Fusion Technologies-With exclusive license to use theHCP

Highly recommend Softlayer
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Paypal has banned Vietnam along with a lot of other countries due to the amount of fraud that originates from those places. Certain countries automatically raise the fraud red flags automatically. Sure it's unfair for the honest people out there, but unfortunately the few often ruin it for the many.

http://www.publicdisk.com/default.asp

8. Quote Originally Posted by Iwannasite
    Paypal has banned Vietnam along with a lot of other countries due to the amount of fraud that originates from those places. Certain countries automatically raise the fraud red flags automatically. Sure it's unfair for the honest people out there, but unfortunately the few often ruin it for the many.

http://www.publicdisk.com/default.asp
    The point here is not about paypal. I've been using this paypal account since 2003 with hundreds of transactions. Layeredtech is who i'm talking about.

Now it's funny that i've just received this

"Nam,

We have received the following order:

Herculesnetwork...AMD 64 Athlon 3200/1024MB/120GB/8IPs...Windows 2003 Standard

Your server will be provisioned, installed and setup within 72 hours of payment confirmation (for non-rapid deploys). The majority of our servers are deployed within this time frame, although depending on the configuration of the server and the current work load, the deployment may take longer. The 72 hour time frame is not a guarantee. Non payment of the first invoice will delay the deployment of your server. If the first invoice is not paid within 5 days of the order date, the server will not be deployed and the order will be cancelled. "

and a billing email regarding my paypal account has been charged for the .xxx amount even though they told me that this order was canceled.
    Last edited by herculesnetwork; 09-27-2006 at 12:47 AM.

You had to agree to that charge. Paypal doesn't just 'charge' your account without you giving approval.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

10. Quote Originally Posted by e-places
    You had to agree to that charge. Paypal doesn't just 'charge' your account without you giving approval.
    I think you misunderstood my previous post, i meant they canceled my paypal order but they didn't cancel the billing.

No offense to you, but I'd probably do the same thing. When your name has "Viet Nam" in it, it really does look like you're faking it. I sympathize, and yet, there's too much fraud going around these days - so I'd have to agree with them. What they did as far as cancelling the wrong thing and what not, I'd have to assume it was a misunderstanding. Try contacting them again and laying everything out very clearly. Sometimes language barriers can prevent clear communication.

12. Quote Originally Posted by nocebo
    No offense to you, but I'd probably do the same thing. When your name has "Viet Nam" in it, it really does look like you're faking it. I sympathize, and yet, there's too much fraud going around these days - so I'd have to agree with them. What they did as far as cancelling the wrong thing and what not, I'd have to assume it was a misunderstanding. Try contacting them again and laying everything out very clearly. Sometimes language barriers can prevent clear communication.
    Hi,

Could you tell me if my name is the country name, what can i use it to fake for ??
    I really love to learn it.

@joshcrick, i did not discredit them if it's my fault, i followed their instructions to submit all things. Also, now i don't want to continue the order, and told them 3 times to cancel the paypal payment last night, i even included the paypal transaction id for their preference.

Anyway, i stop here, let's see how it turns out in the next few days.

I hate when people have problems and they don't look on their side, to see if it was their fault, and just blame the company.

Don't dis-credit companies when it's your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by joshcrick
    I hate when people have problems and they don't look on their side, to see if it was their fault, and just blame the company.

Don't dis-credit companies when it's your fault.
    and his fault is????
    ozdoc.com
    Taiwan independence!!!
    Go Sydney Swans!!!

Hi,

Could you tell me if my name is the country name, what can i use it to fake for ??
    I really love to learn it.
    You're not understanding the concept. I get fraud signups every day - many use fake names or addresses, like "1337 east main street." When your name looks very similar to a country it's a red flag for most companies.

If you had any idea how much fraud LT deals with on a daily basis, you'd sympathise.

Also, any person or any company can refuse to do business with you for any reason at all. If they don't feel comfortable in your integrity for any reason or any flags were raised at all, LT will probably not do business with you... especially involving our industry where fraud is rampant and you never see a customer face-to-face.

When someone discriminates against you because you were born in a certain country and given a certain name, both circumstances beyond your control, then feel free to lecture.

LT has the right to refuse service. And bonafide clients have the right to complain about rejections based on stereotypes and ignorance.

Then maybe your countrymen should stop scamming people.

Quote Originally Posted by fireforfx
    That's exactly the kind of stereotyping and prejudgement that has no place on the internet.

I am a Canadian, born and bred.

And if you know anyone who can stop a country's worth of scammers/spammers so that they can lease a server at Layeredtech, we should nominate them for a Nobel Peace Prize.

If flagging all orders from countries KNOWN for high fraud is stereotyping and prejudice, tatoo me prejudice. It's not LT's fault and it's not that particular customer's fault, but if you are going to be PC and not flag particular countries for a higher rate of fraud, you'll go out of business pretty quick. You can't blame LT for not wanting to be so politically correct they lose money.

Quote Originally Posted by autodelete
    That's exactly the kind of stereotyping and prejudgement that has no place on the internet.

I am a Canadian, born and bred.

And if you know anyone who can stop a country's worth of scammers/spammers so that they can lease a server at Layeredtech, we should nominate them for a Nobel Peace Prize.
    I think Japanese men give relatively little eye contact and are not very forward with women in comparison to caucasian Canadians.
    I think my blood type would matter more to a woman in Korea than to a woman from Hong Kong.

Stop believing in the media hype. Stereotyping is EVERYWHERE and it's GOOD to do so. If you don't believe me, try visiting your traditional asian family and don't take off your shoes when entering. Or kissing your same-gender non-European friend on both cheeks. Why don't you? Because you stereotype.

I'm in classrooms where I'm not part of the 90% ethnic majority. I stereotype often and I'm ok with it. So are people who interact with me... most people think I'm respectful and even sweet... because I treat them the way my stereotype tells me to treat them, until I know them better. I respect my korean elders, I greet people in their native languages, I shake hands with those I should shake hands with and I hug those I should be hugging.
    Last edited by ewhost; 09-27-2006 at 08:08 PM.
    Dating Revolution Method - Book on how to meet and attract women

Quote Originally Posted by fireforfx
    Yeah, right - let's repeat over and over again - people from East Asia are acammers, people from Central Europe are scammers, people from...

I hate such bulls**t - there is no big difference between scammers from USA, Germany, Russia, Poland or Vietnam... SCAMMERS ARE EVERYWHERE

I live in Poland, and I never, ever scammed anybody, and during my 8 months of Work&Travel in Miami I was scammed few times ... but I'm not telling everywhere that Americans are scammers - gues why...

PS: scammers should be total idiots to use such "strange" names as Viet Nam when trying to scam anybody - that is my opinion

PS2: stereotyping SUX
    Last edited by balas; 09-27-2006 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by balas
    Yeah, right - let's repeat over and over again - people from East Asia are acammers, people from Central Europe are scammers, people from...

I hate such bulls**t - there is no big difference between scammers from USA, Germany, Russia, Poland or Vietnam... SCAMMERS ARE EVERYWHERE

I live in Poland, and I never, ever scammed anybody, and during my 8 months of Work&Travel in Miami I was scammed few times ... but I'm not telling everywhere that Americans are scammers - gues why...

PS: scammers should be total idiots to use such "strange" names as Viet Nam when trying to scam anybody - that is my opinion

PS2: stereotyping SUX
    I'm just going to give one fact, over 90% of our fradulant orders are from someone outside the US or Canada and about 80% of our legitimate business is from people in the US or Canada. That means those 20% of orders count for 90% of the fraud, yes, scammers are everywhere, but I don't see issues with anyone using statistical data to give them an indication or feeling towards whether an order is fradulant or not.

As a note, yes, we rarely see the scammers using unusual names or addresses, they are generally using someone else's credit card and using that person's name/address which they purchased or acquired through illegal means. Also, the scammers generally try to hide where they are from through proxies, etc. if you're not hiding at all where you're from, etc. things are matching up, I don't really see what their issue is, though from what has been said I can definitely see why they'd be cautious.
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation

If LT is not willing to accomodate you now, try to explain your situation clearer or just forget them. It does suck being a legit buyer and get rejected. You could try to use your friends/contacts in US to subscribe and repay them. For everyone, I understand the benefits of those stereotypes (as a warning/alert) but don't let them make you an ignorant closed-minded person.
    123finder.com - Browse/search 4-char domains or dictionary domains

At least your name is not Hugh Jorgan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast