Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Albany, New York

    New York State Commercial Driver License.

    Hey all!

    I really can't find alot of information on it.

    I drive a truck at work that has the inspection on the bumper rather than in the window. I am told you need a CDL for any vehicle like this.

    Since I'm in our workzone, I guess I am allowed to drive it legally since our insurance covers that part of the highway until construction is complete.

    I do however, need to drive off-site when going back to the yard. It's not big deal to me. If I were to get a ticket, the company would pay for it.

    It would, however, be nice to be able to transport commercial vehicles for work (get travel time)

    The truck I drive is a rack truck similar to this but a little bigger.

    Does anyone have any information on this?

    Can I use this truck to take my CDL driving test?

    Thanks for any replies.

  2. #2
    I don't think you need a CDL for that. Because it is really just a glorified pickup.
    This site will show you why a CDL is not needed.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Albany, New York
    its bigger than that truck and its an international, not a ford lol.

    Inspection is on bumper, not windshield.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If the sticker is on the side or front bumber then you need CDL license.

    You will need to:

    A) Have your license switched to a E class (fee)
    B) Pass a written test.
    C) Pass a driving + truck inspection on the road exam

    About using your truck, as long as it is in "legal" condition, then you can,otherwise there are driving schools that can provide you it.

    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    New York
    "13 minutes 54 seconds
    Yeah, it's a new record!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts