Photoshop Tutorial Site - $60-120/mo Adsense

Hi,

I've decided to sell my recent project, OptikTutorials.

URL: www.optiktutorials.com
    Uniques/mo: 10,000+
    Pageviews/mo: ~30,000
    Monthly Revenue: ~$60-120 through adsense
    Established: August 31, 2006

Description:
    OptikTutorials offers various resources for photoshop users. The site has 6 photoshop tutorials, a photoshop pattern pack, and 50 C4D Renders (used for special effects in photoshop). This content alone is worth about $200.

Revenue:
    The site also makes about $60-120/mo from Adsense. I added adsense to the website September 11th, and as of today (September 26th) the site has made $33.72. The first week I just had google ads on the top, which didn't do to well. I then changed the format of the google ads and the CTR/revenue increased A LOT. The site now makes an average of about $4/day from ads, and that projected is about $120/mo. Screenshot available by request.

Traffic:
    Uniques/month: ~10,000
    Pageviews/month: ~30,000
    http://www.optiktutorials.com/traffic_month.jpg
    http://www.optiktutorials.com/traffic_days.jpg

Most of the traffic comes from tutorial website such as Good-Tutorials, Pixel2Life, Tutorialized, TutorialKit and PSLover. The site also gets some traffic from search engines.

Tutorials
    The tutorials on the website were either made by me or made by someone that I hired. I still have numerous tutorials that I never got around to adding to the site that I would consider selling separate, otherwise I could also do custom tutorials for a fee (can be discussed).

Pricing:
    I think this site is worth at least $500, considering with just with the first 15 days of adsense, the project revenue per month is $60-120, which using the 10x rule is $600-1200.

Starting Bid: $400
    Bid Increments: $20
    BIN: $1200

As of right now I do not have an auction end date, however I am looking to sell the site asap (assuming the price is right). The auction will also end right away if the BIN is used.

Feel free to contact me or post if you have any questions. This topic is posted on NP and WHT, so please POST your bids, do not PM me.

Let the bidding begin!

Thanks.

I've set the auction to end Saturday, Sept 30, 8PM CST. There is a reserve.

Hi,

Why is the traffic to your site so inconsistent? Some days there are 1000 unique, other days there are only 100, then it jumps to 500, and back to 100?

Also, did you write the content yourself? Will the buyer have exclusive rights to it?

Thanks, let me know.
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

Adsense screenshot please.
    NuPixel - Custom Web Design & Graphics
    Extraordinary, Not Ordinary
    Web & Graphic Design, HTML, XHTML, CSS, Script Customization & Integration + More!
    Click Today! --> NuPixelStudios.com

Nich: Towards the beginning of the month I was still adding the tutorials to different tutorial websites, so thats why the traffic went down just for a few days.

NuPixel: http://www.optiktutorials.com/adsense.jpg

I know you're suppose to blur out some of the stats, but google just removed my account because it was my 2nd account (the previous acct was removed a couple of years ago), so it doesn't matter to me. If you'll notice, towards the beginning adsense wasn't doing well, then when I changed the position of the ads, the clicks and revenue went way up per day.

Thanks for your time/questions.

Nich: I forgot to answer your last two questions. I wrote the first three tutorials myself and then the other three I hired someone to do. The owner of the website will get exclusive rights to ALL of the content on the website except the photoshop patterns, which I bought rights for the ability to post them on the site (that do not expire).

The problem is that your site has been suspended by Google (you will see error code e;-2146697208 via the Adsense Preview Tool) so any new owner will not be allowed to put any Adsense ads on the site. In a few cases, contacting AdSense will help and the site will be unblocked depending on the nature of the original suspension. However, few people have been able to get accounts unblocked using this method.

Not to dump on your sales thread, buy any prospective buyer should be made aware of this problem...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by vito
    The problem is that your site has been suspended by Google (you will see error code e;-2146697208 via the Adsense Preview Tool) so any new owner will not be allowed to put any Adsense ads on the site. In a few cases, contacting AdSense will help and the site will be unblocked depending on the nature of the original suspension. However, few people have been able to get accounts unblocked using this method.

Not to dump on your sales thread, buy any prospective buyer should be made aware of this problem...

Vito
    Hi Vito:

I wasn't aware you could check other people's sites to preview their ads and be able to determine if their site is banned or not. Thanks, this is very helpful for future purchases!

Nich
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

Are you sure? Because I previously mentioned that my adsense account had been removed, so I would imagine that is why the error is appearing.

Even if the site is itself is suspended, the new owner can prove to google that the site is under new ownership and be able to use Adsense again.

UPDATE: The site itself is NOT banned from google, the error is only there because my adsense account was removed (due to having a previous account).

Proof: http://optiktutorials.com/

Great, glad to see you have it all worked out with them. All I can say is that when I posted earlier, when using the Preview Tool, I did not see ads - I saw the error code meaning the site was suspended by Google. As well, (in IE only), the ads on the site displayed as a 403 error (in Fx, it would just be a blank space). Now, when I visit the site, the ads are up, and the Preview Tool no longer shows an error code. So clearly, you were able to straighten it out since my initial visit to the site.

Anyways, good luck with the sale.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Thank you.

BIN lowered to $800. Payment via paypal.

Current bid is $450 on NP. The auction has about 30 hours left and ends tomorrow (Sept. 30) at 8PM CST.

Approx. 5 hours left.

Approx 10 min left.

The winning bidder has not responded to any of my messages, so I'm open to offers for this website. If you're intersted -- PM ME AN OFFER. I will sell the site to the best offer within the next day or two.

Why not just go with the next winning bid?