Free Domain Names?

Hi. I was wondering if any of you could help me..

I'm looking for a place that offers a free domain name which i can link to my name servers.

Any suggestions?

Will this Free domain name comes as a freebie to another service or you really mean free?
    Don't Lose Your Website Ever Again!
    Backup All Your Domains and MySQL Databases Automatically
    Grab this Website Backup Software today.

Well if you are looking to get a top level domain like .com then you are unlikely to find any, unless it comes part of a package that you sign up to.

Any domain extension they offer is fine

while not free registerfly are currently doing .info's for .75c..

normally if you manage to get a domain for free(not in some kind of package deal) it is never actually yours it will stay in the name of the person/company you got it from

Not always. Some companies will give you a free domain as part of a free trial, because they are so confident you will love their service and later come back to use their paid services.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

Which companies offer free trial?

http://www.live.com
    http://www.aol.com

Both are giving you free domains, however I am not sure will they let you use your own DNS.

Why register for free, when you can have .info for something like $0.60, like was pointed above?
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

.com is more established, so if you can get .com that is always better, but .info for $0.60 isn't bad. There are companies that will give you a free domain in exchange for your feedback or something like that. You would have full ownership of the domain, free access to do whatever you want with it, transfer it out, etc. Just as if you had paid for it. You just have to look for them.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

Certain forums (like namepros) let you register a .com for free after earning an nth
    number of forum points. It's up to the forum if they'll let you register it under your
    name or theirs.

It is hard to find them free, but very cheap is easy

namezero.com used to be FREE, but not anymore, try www.dot.tk
    they offer free .tk domain name

Where are the 75C .info domains at Registerfly?

domainspeaks.com

never tried it before, and they don't just give those free domain names, but the website mention they give domain name for free.
    ServMap.com - MapServer GIS hosting
    Shared | Reseller | VPS | Dedicated Hosting by ServWebSolutions

stay away from registerfly, they cause many many problems for many people.
    hosting is ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by mesobob
    the bellow taken from theflypaper
    $.75 .info SUPERINFO special This promo will end on Thursday at 8:00 PMHow to redeem my .info promotional code
    • Make sure you are logged into your RegisterFly account
    • You must have at least one .info domain name purchase in your cart
    • Enter the code "SUPERINFO"

As I said they are not worth all the problems, you might pay $.75 but your get 75 problems on top of that.
    hosting is ongoing

I've had nothing but bad experiences with RegisterFly. Back when the .be registry was offering free domain names for anybody who wished to register one, they decided to destroy several of my orders, and forced me to wait for such an amount of time to where by the time i got to get the domains registered, half of them were taken. This is poor quality service, and they do not act quickly after registering. I recommend a company such as domainsite, as they are quick to process registration. Same with GoDaddy, if you do not care too much for domainsite

Link: http://www.domainsite.com/
    Link 2: http://www.godaddy.com/
    Ryan G.
    Owner
    Umgardi.ca

was this after they had gone out on their own (stopped useing Enom)?
    the reason i ask is i have seen many bad things about them but best i can tell they all relate to when they used Enom or were transferring domains from Enom to themselfs (RegisterFly)

This happened around last year, towards December and January.
    Ryan G.
    Owner
    Umgardi.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon
    . I recommend a company such as domainsite,
    They arn't much better, they have been down for the last two months and often get hacked, I moved all my domains away from them as many others have done. Just stay away from Registerffly at all costs and even use hacked sites like domainsite.com if you have to as even that is a million times better than using registerfly.
    hosting is ongoing

some site free domain: uni.cc , freedomain.co.nr

Quote Originally Posted by Right Hosting
    they have been down for the last two months and often get hacked
    Domainsite was not "down for 2 months". They have had a couple of outages due to hacking/DOS attempts. I'm staying with them as I figure they have improved their security against this ...and now it's another registrar's turn to get hacked.

Free Domains, Havn't seen any sites offering it other than with you buying a hosting plan or something similar :-)