Question Main account / Addon account: Your advise is required.

I want to ask one question. It is a very basic, it should be as I am very new in hosting.

I have signed up with a hosting company. I am entitled to add more than 10 Addon accounts.

The URL of the main account, for instance is

In the public_html there is a folder names abc to store the files.

I have added an Addon domain, by the name, for instance, In the public_html there is a folder named xyz to hold the files of the Addon account. FYI, the Addon account is Joomla based which I installed by Fantastico.

Based on above scenario, I have following queries:

1. Main account:
    When I type www. and hit enter the main page of site is displayed but in address bar appears (abc is name of the folder in public_html). should be in the address bar.

2. Addon account:
    As mentioned above I have Addon account by the name When I type, the homepage of the site is displayed with This is fine so far. But, when I hover on the links of the site,<folder> is displayed in the status bar (bottom of the browser). I think this is wrong, there should be no reference to the main site i.e. when I am accessing Addon account.
    Second problem is that in the brower's title bar is being appered ,which I think is wrong. There should be in the title bar as Addon account is being accessed.

Please advise what should I do. I want both accounts to be separated from each other. Am I doing something wrong?

Looking forward,

Either they believe in me, trust me, and are willing to take the risk that I will deliver success, or they don't. It's that simple. There's no haggling. I don't negotiate. - Michael Bloomberg

What control panel are you using?

When you refer to the Joomla install on the account, is this an application you are attempting to install to the domain Or is the add-on accounts facility a Joomla based script allowing you to provide such a facility.

If this is supposed to be addon_accounts from your hosting provider similar to which allows you to add multiple domains to your hosting account (add-on domains) then it at first appears as though this may be an issue at your hosting providers end.

Most hosting providers allow you to have a separate htmldocs / public_html directory per domain name; they are not usually shared amongst domains.

You may also want to check you are using the correct function within your control panel, and not a feature such as web_users where you can grant seperate access to folders within your public_html directory using a seperate username and password from your primary account details, this will allow you to give these details to friends etc.

Best of luck resolving the issue
    Tahir Ahmed - Reliable Personal Web Site Hosting & Business Web Hosting Solutions! - Our Dedicated Domain Registration & Management Portal!
    Reseller Hosting Solutions Linux Plesk 8 Control Panel Provding Quality Hosting Since 2001

Ok, let me try to put some light in here.
    We are talking about Cpanel, where the main account have its own public_html, and addon domains folders inside of public_html
    In this case, let's say that the main domain is

What you did is to create a folder inside of the public_html called aaa, and uploaded all the contents of your main account in there, instead of public_html
    Which create a URL like

What you have to do, is to create a mod_rewrite rule to avoid that URL or move the contents that you have on the folder public_html/aaa to public_html/

Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore