help me choose an email client...please

Ok, here's the deal...I have 6 websites...between 2-10 email addresses a piece.

I would like a free client that will allow me to add all these emails in and possibly even allow me to group the inboxes so i can minimize/maximize one site's addresses at a time.

I've looked at Eudora....don't like it, and my thunderbird isn't working for some strange reason and I can't get it to work...so i'm trying to find another one...any suggestions?

...Gmail? I use Horde and forward all of my accounts to Gmail.

i've never used gmail...i thought it was just something like yahoo or hotmail??

Ummm... Outlook?
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

Outlook, thunderbird(allows the minimize/maximize of accounts thing), eudora, pegasus?

lots to choose from

Thunderbird, Evolution (Linux Only) or Outlook if you must.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise

I stated in the first post that I would like it to be free (that's a no go for Outlook), Thunderbird isn't working for me right now, and I don't like Eudora.

So...that leaves Pegasus and gmail so far.

Can someone explain to me about gmail? I thought it was just a inet thing like yahoo or hotmail? I can use it as a total email client?

Outlook Express is free.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

try gmail i use it for 6 email address and just forward them all to my gmail account. if you need a invite just pm me!!

Eudora is not bad for a free email client, Thunderbird is worth a look too.

Outlook Express is free.
    Its also ****.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise

I use Thunderbird for about 6 different email accounts and it works like a charm. What exactly is wrong with yours?

Gmail is only an online thing. I think what they're suggesting is making all of the accounts forward to Gmail.
    Michael Chase
    Clear-Data Internet Services - Inexpensive website, reseller, and game server hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by cd-mchase
    I use Thunderbird for about 6 different email accounts and it works like a charm. What exactly is wrong with yours?
    It's giving me the "Thunderbird is already running, either close Thunderbird or restart your computer" (i paraphrased that message) error. I closed, i restarted, i turned off/on, I uninstalled the reinstalled, uninstalled then turned off then reinstalled, uninstalled and deleted all files and folders associated with thunderbird then reinstalled...

I don't know what else to do short of formatting my harddrive

Did you remove your profile as well? Most people forget to do so because it's hidden in (I think) C:\Documents And Settings\Username\Application Info\Mozilla\
    Michael Chase
    Clear-Data Internet Services - Inexpensive website, reseller, and game server hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrestrtr
    Its also ****.
    Don't see whats crap about it, it recieves and sends emails, just like an email client is supposed to.

Fair enough it does not have a fancy modern skin and no anti-spam measures, but if you are like me, you just want something that works and for a piece of software that is getting on for 6 years old, it does the job.

I use it alongside Live Mail (for my MSN account) and Outlook (for my business) and cannot say I have ever had any problems with it in the 5 or 6 years I have been using it.

Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

I LOVE the Opera Mail client (M2), because it is a very nice email application with the added benefit of being built into the world's best browser. Quite free and meets your requirements. I have mine routed to a memory stick, so I can take my email with me to any computer with Opera installed (easy enough for me to install it on the fly too) and I can have all my mail available without lugging a computer around with me.

This can be done with Thunderbird as well - in fact, you can run Thunderbird directly off a memory stick. But I still prefer Opera for mail.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

i just did a search and can't find a mozilla folder under my name

My mistake, it's actually called Thunderbird and it's in your application data folder. Make sure you can view hidden files/folders.
    Michael Chase

Thunderbird Portable from portableapps.com
    loaded on an encrypted USB drive is what I use
    I could tell you a joke about UDP. But I'm not sure you would get it!