Layeredtech is getting worser and worser..

Hi,

one of my servers on LT has been put offline about 10 PM because of abuse complaint. Abuse department said that I have to contact billing department, because it is marked as not active.

Ok, but.. how I can make it when billing dept is closed till 8 AM?! After 10 hours of waiting I finally made a long international call because i'm still not get reply via e-mail. I was told that Layeredtech cancelled this server in... JUNE! But they don't really know why and who told they to do that.. There is also no any cancellation ticket in ticket history. It's also very interesting that server was ok for barely 3 months when someone decided to put it down without asking me.

Lady from billings also told me that LT is not billing my CC for this machine till 2 months (there's no any dues at my LT billing panel), and I should write to them and it's all my fault now, but they will send me supposedly unpaid invoices in minutes.

Now it's another hour without server, there's also no invoices. Total downtime: 12h (after yearly uptime near 99.9%).

Avoid LT, guys.. I'm moving all my servers from here.

After 14 hours, 30 emails and paying two invoices my server is available.. without just simple "sorry for inconvience" .

Well sorry to say it's quite difficult to understand what you wrote. It sounds like you had an abuse issue and you didn't deal with it.

If there was a human error with some billing problem, can't you be a little more understanding?

The main problem is that they don't really now what's wrong - abuse disconnected my server because of some abuse issues and give no time to deal with it because billings told they that this server was cancelled 3 months ago. As they wrote:

"We are immediately disconnecting the server at bla.bla.bla which we show as your account which was supposed to be cancelled on 29 June 2006. If this is not your server you can disregard this notice."

They do all this things when ... billing dept. is closed, and it's middle of the night in TX so it took 14 hours to resolve issue.. And that is terrible time for me, customer with 7 servers in LT..

Maybe they should ask me or send just a little notice before cancelling server which is not really cancelled?

More here: http://layer0.layeredtech.com/showth...newpost&t=4584
    Last edited by Patryk; 09-26-2006 at 01:59 PM.

Well it sounds like a issue with the billing and abuse department not communicating with each other.

Yeah, but what's the worse - they don't communicate with customer..

same i dnt recomend them they are not good with support

Mastdesi and what do you consider support?

Quote Originally Posted by Patryk
    After 14 hours, 30 emails and paying two invoices my server is available.. without just simple "sorry for inconvience" .
    You went 2 months without making a payment while your Server was still working and you're complaining????
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

Website Rob: No, they don't charge my credit card for this server (I'm reseller of LT with few servers) and they try to put blame on me now becuase of mess on their side and cancellation from June which I not sent..

I have servers on European and American DCs like 1paket.com, Dediwebhost, SoftLayer, LeaseWeb, Hetzner and few other providers and they never do something like LT done today..

It's both your fault and their fault. You really have to be proactive about checking up on your bill, making sure that you recieve an invoice every month and making sure that the invoice is paid on time. I know LayeredTech emails an invoice seven days before the server is actually due, so you should've noticed "hmm, I'm not getting any invoices anymore" and submitted a ticket to their billing department or queried them in some other way.

However, LT should've at least let you wait until their billing department was open before shutting down your server. It's been two months, another day really wouldn't have hurt them too badly. However if your abuse issue was serious enough then I can understand why they would have to shutdown immediatly, but they should still bring the server backup and let you deal with billing after the abuse issue is fixed.

Best of luck,
    Alex

Hi,

one of my servers on LT has been put offline about 10 PM because of abuse complaint. Abuse department said that I have to contact billing department, because it is marked as not active.

Ok, but.. how I can make it when billing dept is closed till 8 AM?! After 10 hours of waiting I finally made a long international call because i'm still not get reply via e-mail. I was told that Layeredtech cancelled this server in... JUNE! But they don't really know why and who told they to do that.. There is also no any cancellation ticket in ticket history. It's also very interesting that server was ok for barely 3 months when someone decided to put it down without asking me.

Lady from billings also told me that LT is not billing my CC for this machine till 2 months (there's no any dues at my LT billing panel), and I should write to them and it's all my fault now, but they will send me supposedly unpaid invoices in minutes.

Now it's another hour without server, there's also no invoices. Total downtime: 12h (after yearly uptime near 99.9%).

Avoid LT, guys.. I'm moving all my servers from here.

After reading your post here and on the LT forums, its seems at first LT went above and beyond for you. And in doing so policy was ignored, and this caused the problem. Also, if you do have mutiple servers, not being charged for that server in question should have raised some flags.

What was the abuse problem?

We had something similar thats server was canceled but still showing active in our system Although we were not charged for it. However a simply Monthly AUDIT can reveal a lot. I-E: How many server are active which means you ve to pay for them ( regardless if you get the invoice or not). Any way the whole thing dont make sense at all atleast to me.

#1. LT cancel suspend ALL server when there is any billing issue. In your case its one only.
    #2. If this server was marked Cancel , They didnt bill for 2 months , Some one or something has triggered this cancelation and this should be in the ticketing system.

Just my 2 cent
    Server4Sale
    Dirt CHEAP Servers coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Mastdesi
    same i dnt recomend them they are not good with support
    I'd have to disagree with that. I have been using LT for a while and have no complaints what so ever. They might take a little while to respond but not everyone can be perfect.

Meisam

It's worse, not worser. Once again, another complainer that never thinks that it may be their fault.

why is everyone sticking up for LT? Everyone seems to question the customer's integrity before the DC's.
    In my experience, big companies screw customers more often than vice versa.
    ozdoc.com
    Taiwan independence!!!
    Go Sydney Swans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by allanh
    why is everyone sticking up for LT? Everyone seems to question the customer's integrity before the DC's.
    In my experience, big companies screw customers more often than vice versa.
    So what are you saying, everybody should switch to small providers?

You make such generalised statement "big companies screw customers more often than vice versa". This is not related to thread topic..

Big providers cannot spoonfeed you like the one-man-show can. But that doesn't mean bad support. Most people judge a provider on superficial values such as how they nice they seem when they write to you, or because they are willing to restart apache via WHM for you.

Good support - is support that does only what it has to do, all the time. This support is maintained consistantly over long periods of time and you know what you are going to get every time.

When I hear negatives on these forums about LT, it's never disturbing - it's always either Abuse, or somebody who didn't know how to operate his server, expecting his unmanaged provider to fix it. And with LT of course the only place you are going to write about these things is WHT whilst you're waiting for a ticket response.

no, I said " big companies screw customers more often than vice versa ", which is not a generalised statement.

btw, the thread starter isn't not complaining of technical issues. He is referring to LT's own internal faults of not coordinating itself and ended up victimising the customer as a result of its own incompetency.
    ozdoc.com
    Taiwan independence!!!
    Go Sydney Swans!!!

(after yearly uptime near 99.9%).
    Do you think LT's single human error (if it is an error) is more important that that yearly uptime he stated?

I don't think so.

It's not incompetency, but human error. You can't even be sure it's an error, just from the one side of the story either.