My Experience with easyracks.nl -- very bad!

Okay, now Iīm going to tell you my little story:
    I found this company in this board because of the special summer offers. So I ordered a server at the 30/07/2006:

Hello,
    now I want to order this Server:

Intel Celeron 2,2ghz
    256MB DDR400
    80GB HD
    500GB datatraffic monthly
    EUR 29,- monthly
    EUR 29,- setup

My personal data is:

I want to pay via Paypal every month if it is possible. The OS I want on my server is Debian 3.1.
    For the minimum contract running time I would suggest 6 month if is possible. Afterwards I want to be allowed to cancel every month.

How long I have to wait until I can use the server?

Thanks

Okay, everything seems to be fine, I got the server details at the 02/08/2006.
    Then, after only two (!) days there was the first downtime. I wrote a ticket in the ticket system. I didnīt get an answer. The next day I called easyracks and the man on the phone told me that they donīt have ticket system. I was a little bit confused because I was sure that I wrote a ticket.. Then he explained that there is a ticket system but that they donīt use it. Okay, I explained the problem via email:

Hello,
    today evening I worked on my server and suddenly the connection was lost. So I connected again and the IP suddenly directed to another server, where I could login with the "temptemp" passwort but where no programs were installed and no changes made. Then, two minutes later I lost the connection with the "new" server and were able to connect to my server again. Since then every 3-5 minutes I lost the connection to one of the server until I decided to reboot "my server". Yeah, and after the reboot Iīm not able to connect to just one of them. Maybe you can have a look if there is a problem with the switch or a problem caused by myself and restart my server manually.
    Thank you very much.

Date: 04/08/2006

Then I have to send them my root password and at 05/08/2006 the reinstalled my server completely without asking me. My whole data were lost. Veeery cool.
    Then, I got my details for the customer panel. But there were still the old IP in it. So I canīt use it. I asked easyracks to change this but it wasnīt changed still the end of the contract.

Yes, until the 07/08/2006 I were able to use the new server with the new IP.. then it was going down again. Iīve send an email and at the 08/08/2006 again I got a new IP and the data were lost completely again. I must say I wasnīt really surprised..
    And then, in the evening.. I again lost the connection to the server. Then I got a little bit angry and wrote this email:

Hello,

I must say that I am very disappointed about your service.
    Since iīve ordered the server there was only problems with it.

I ordered (and payed) the server on 31th of July. I got the details at 2nd of August (IP: ************). Then, the next evening I had problems during connecting to the server. I send you a ticket (with the ticket system that doesnīt exist (information at the phone)), and then, I called you and send you an email. At the 4th (from the 3rd to the 4th I canīt connect) I get an email that you need my root password to give me new ips. I send it to you and you *completely* reinstalled my server without asking me and I didnīt have a chance to save my data. Very nice! Okay, I got a new IP ********* On the 7th of August I again had problems with the connection, so I request a reinstall. This was the first time you were a little bit faster. Okay, YOU donīt even know my actual IP but, okay, after I told you the server was reinstalled. So, yesterday I got a new IP, this one: ********. The third. Yeah, I got the new IP at 04:11 pm. At 7:10 pm I suddenly canīt connect to the server anymore. WOW what a surprise. Okay, same procedure, I wrote an email yesterday, where I described the problem and asked if it is my fault that so often I canīt connect to the server or if you have problems with your hardware. Look, 07:10 pm _yesterday_. Now it is 7 pm today and still I have no response and I canīt connect to the server. I heard many positive things about your firm but I must that this is really bad support and I wonīt pay 36€ every month when I canīt use the server.

Thanks for your attention

Date: 09/08/2006

The answer:

Dear **********,

I'm wondering why the server continiously crashes. The hardware is 100% OK and the OS is installed correctly (we have more exactly the same servers running).

Did you use any (unusual) commands before the crashes?

Off course we are not happy with this either, but please believe us that we are doing everything to get it fixed, but we have to know why the server crashes all the time.

Best regards / Met vriendelijke groet,

Easyracks IP Solutions - Empowering your business

Important is this sentence: "The hardware is 100% OK" please remember.

My answer:

Hello,

the last time I just installed apache2 and php4 via apt-get. Then the server crashes. For me it seems not that the server crashes because of unusual commands. I got two years a v-server with debian too and this one never crashes. Sorry, but I donīt know. I just want to use it normally. Okay, I describe the last situation.
    I just installed apache2 and php4. Then I installed my bittorrent tracker (btitracker). The last commands was: "cp /var/www/tracker/config.php /var/www/tracker/include/config.inc.php" so, nothing special. No daemons (without apache2) running. Nothing special. Something I lost the connection without doing anything.. very strange.
    So maybe you can have a look again if it is my fault, and what was my fault..

Thanks,

Date: still 09/08/06

So, I was able to use the server from the 11/08/2006.. then, what a surprise.. at the 14th there was the next downtime.

Again an email:
    Date: 14/08/06

Hello,

can you please reboot my server once again. This time I was editing an index.php with "vi" and suddenly I only get a "Connection time out". I did nothing special.. I donīt know whats up with this unstability..

Thanks,

Answer, half an hour later:
    Date: 14/08/2006

Dear *******,

An engineer at the DC will reboot the server with the monitor connected so he can check what's wrong. I'll keep you informed.

Best regards / Met vriendelijke groet,

**** ****** - Easyracks IP Solutions
    Empowering your business

Then, from the 14th till the 18th I have no server again. Another four days of downtime.

Then, the ultimate solution:
    Date: 18/08/06

Hello,

Our apologies. We finally know what's wrong. Our switch (Foundry FastIron 800) has some problems. We will plug your server into a different switch (Cisco Catalyst 2950) asap.

We will give you the upcoming month free as a compensation.

Kind regards,

***** - Easyracks IP Solutions

I was happy like it was christmas. No "unusual commands" from me, no more downtime, a whole month for free. YES. But, you have to know, this is easyracks.nl........

The next downtime was on the 22th.

Same procedure -> email.

Date 22/08/2006

Hello,

can you please do a manual reboot? The server is down again.. Thanks for the free month!

And very fast I get an answer on the same day:

Hello,

Asked remote hands to reboot the server, will check the server out myself when I get to Amsterdam next week.

Kind regards,

At 18:40 on the 22/08/06 I was able to connect to the server.. this time it takes online 10 minutes till it crashes.
    The server was rebootet again.. now it works. But for how long?
    Answer: 27/08/06

My next email:
    Date 27/08/06

Hello,
    the server is down, once again. Please restart. Thanks

From the 27th to the 03/09 we had the longest uptime. Then the IP was linking to a wrong server again. I wrote an email, no answer. Until the 05/09/2006 I didnīt get an answer, so I wrote another email

Date: 05/09/2006

Hello,

anybody out there? We got another 3 (!) days of downtime.. is it so difficult to direct the one IP to our server? Please correct this. And you can correct that I donīt have to resend my password every time when I want to logg in in the control panel (easyracks.nl/manage). In *in* the cp is still a wrong ip! I have: ********

Thanks

Again, I didnīt get an answer and so I wrote my last email:
    Date: 07/08/06

Subject: Thatīs the last straw

Hello,

I must say that I am really disappointed about your behaviour in our business connection. Since the beginning there were just problems with your server. The climax is that we again have now 5 days of down time. There were no time when the server was reachable more than 6 days. You break our agreement! And because of the fact that you donīt answer to my questions Iīve contacted the advocate:

to support me in a lawsuit. But my wish is that the process doesnīt go that far. An adequate apology for the many problems are in my opinion another 2 months free or an permantly hardware or traffic update. I except an answer with a solution in the next 24 hours. Otherwise the next letter will come from Mr. **********. Thanks for your attention.

The answer was:
    Date: 08/08/06

Hello,

We will terminate services to you. Please look for another server provider.
    We will not give you 2 months of free service, as you've already been granted one.

Kind regards,

Okay, mhhh.. the say the have an uptime of 99,9%. Yes... And they broke the contract with the minimum contract time. And the best thing: At the 25/09/06 I got another invoice from easyracks.nl. They kicked me out and send me an invoice.

Another thing, I must say that the downtimes werenīt my fault. Iīve administrated another debian server for 3 years and didnīt have had *any* problems.

On the server were running:

Apache 2
    vsftp
    PHP & MySQL
    And a php bittorrent tracker..

Thats all...

I will comment this behaviour anymore, I think everybody could make his opinion with this facts.

Regards,

<removed by request>, Germany

EDIT: I wonder why the text in the quote tags isnīt quotet oO

Last edited by bear; 05-10-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Uhu... appologies about such experience. We have one server with them and always have downtimes and late answers. Take a look at www.runto.eu/01.png . Only now i larned what their helpdesk is derelicted. Also thinking about new provider
    Radijas internete - fm.lt - online radio stations, 400 best world radio station to listen with one click! !

So, what you learn from this expirience ? You get what you paid for... 29 Euros a month for dedi...

Quote Originally Posted by steven-v
    So, what you learn from this expirience ? You get what you paid for... 29 Euros a month for dedi...
    Its quite normal price in NL for such config server
    Radijas internete - fm.lt - online radio stations, 400 best world radio station to listen with one click! !

Its quite normal price in NL for such config server
    Quite normal for the level of service you receive too

Good follow-up

Quote Originally Posted by nocebo
    Quite normal for the level of service you receive too

The ticket system in our billing system is not checked and does not function as a helpdesk, please e-mail to [email protected] for all inquiries.
    The server Mr Kirschke rented had been up for several weeks before we deployed it to him, as soon as we did this we started to recieve mails requesting reboots etc. We executed these requests. After this Mr Kirschke started making claims that the hardware of the server was flawed, however, it had been running fine before. On request of the customer we did several reinstalls and assigned several new IP adresses.
    we did compensate Mr Kirschke with 1 month of free service, however, after this Mr Kirschke sent this e-mail to us (also copied above) threatening us with legal procedures and making unreasonable demands.

Don't know about the invoice, however, we can offer mr Kirschke one of our Sempron promo dedicated servers for 1 month for free, only with CentOS though.

The server Mr Kirschke rented had been up for several weeks before we deployed it to him, as soon as we did this we started to recieve mails requesting reboots etc.
    Yes, but I didnīt requested them for fun but because I wasnīt able to connect to the server.

After this Mr Kirschke started making claims that the hardware of the server was flawed, however, it had been running fine before.
    I didīt complain about the hardware of the server but about the hardware of the switch. And *you* told me that it was your problem:
    Hello,

Our apologies. We finally know what's wrong. Our switch (Foundry FastIron 800) has some problems. We will plug your server into a different switch (Cisco Catalyst 2950) asap.

We will give you the upcoming month free as a compensation.

Kind regards,

***** - Easyracks IP Solutions
    On request of the customer we did several reinstalls and assigned several new IP adresses.
    I never requested a reinstall or a new IP, these are wrong facts. I just requested a server a can connect to!

we did compensate Mr Kirschke with 1 month of free service, however, after this Mr Kirschke sent this e-mail to us (also copied above) threatening us with legal procedures and making unreasonable demands.
    I was forced to do so because I didnīt get any answer to my emails and the server was down. In the offer in this board you tell something about 99,9% uptime. My uptime was about 10-20% and if you think that these demands were unreasonable... I wonīt comment it.

we can offer mr Kirschke one of our Sempron promo dedicated servers for 1 month for free, only with CentOS though.
    Yeah, thats cool, after you kicked me out you make this offer.

Here again the facts:

1. The server had a downtime of more then 70%
    2. It was your fault (your switch)
    3. You break our agreement with the minimum business contract.
    4. You offer me a server after you kicked me out..

Thats ridiculous. I think everyone who reads this thread now knows how your service is

EDIT: An adequate behaviour would be that you tell that it was your fault. You apalogise. Maybe make a little present to me and everyone is happy again
    Last edited by Mingo-dedicated; 09-30-2006 at 09:29 AM.

Mingo-dedicated,

I actually read this earier and felt sorry for you, however once I read the typical "legal" rant, I moved on to the next thread.

I am glad your host kicked you out for that and I hope you learned a lesson from that. While your host may not have been up to your standards this whole thing of when someone is unhappy and they are going to "take legal action" is quite frankly getting old.

-Scott
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Mc
    Mingo-dedicated,

I actually read this earier and felt sorry for you, however once I read the typical "legal" rant, I moved on to the next thread.

I am glad your host kicked you out for that and I hope you learned a lesson from that. While your host may not have been up to your standards this whole thing of when someone is unhappy and they are going to "take legal action" is quite frankly getting old.

-Scott
    Okay, question: Your server is almost always down, you donīt get any response to your emails for 5 days, and the problems are since one whole month. What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mingo-dedicated
    Okay, question: Your server is almost always down, you donīt get any response to your emails for 5 days, and the problems are since one whole month. What would you do?
    I'd cancel.

I am not saying that the uptime level or whatever the problem was with the server was acceptable, however these stupid legal action comments which have no backbone at all, are getting old. You want to take legal action on them? Do it then all I will say is good luck.

-Scott
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Mc
    I'd cancel.

I am not saying that the uptime level or whatever the problem was with the server was acceptable, however these stupid legal action comments which have no backbone at all, are getting old. You want to take legal action on them? Do it then all I will say is good luck.

-Scott
    Okay, that&#180;s your opinion.. I think that if someone does a mistake he shell tell the truth about it..
    Last edited by Mingo-dedicated; 09-30-2006 at 12:13 PM.

legal actions for EUR 29,-?? Take it lesson learned, and move on I`d say..

yeah, I learned my lesson that nobody can provide good service for this price..

I had never dreamed that someone could provide a server for 29E.
    Ok, now I see the catch but was an easy thing to guess.
    please, bear with me. tell me when I'm wrong, I'm not doing it on purpose

Hm, do I get now a free month?

Easyracks is on our network, funny enough i usually get a lot of praise from customers we cannot serve that we send to them, i guess your experience with them is simply bad luck.

I advice you to ask for a APC remote reboot switch, it seems you need reboots a lot, maybe you should consider to hire an experienced system administrator as well, in our experience, when a server crashes a lot and it is not hardware related, it is related to the technical knowhow of the system administrator.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017
    Unbeatable dedicated bandwidth deals for Dedicated servers ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7