Thumbs up In praise of Pair.com

Before my review, a short background: I currently host my primary domain with an Italian hosting provider but it’s quite expensive and does not provide a lot of space and bandwidth, so I decided to open an account with an US provider to store photos and other personal files.

I decided to open an “Advanced” account with Pair about two weeks ago, after reading all the positive reviews in this forum.

I signed up an everything run smoothly. In few hours I got an email with all the information I needed: password, ftp server, name servers etc.

Before transferring my domain ( diludovico .org ) I started uploading some files and installing some scripts (for example gallery to manage my pictures). Everything was working great. I could access via ftp and ssh anytime.

I tried also to test customer support. I opened a ticket from the control panel, asking if I could grant ssh access to other people. I knew the answer was negative, and so it was, but the employee that answered provided me some other solutions that could be helpful.

So I decided to move the domain… Few hours and everything was pointing to the new server.

I then did something wrong updating gallery, and some files had the user “nobody”. Thus I could not delete them. I was almost opening a new ticket, while I saw the phone number and dialed their number.A very friendly woman answered asking what I needed. I start saying that English was not my mother tongue, and she started talking very slowly, making sure I could understand everything she said. I explained the problem, and she changed ownership of the files so I could delete them.

I subscribed their newsletter and receive daily notices about downtimes on their server. Until now the server I am hosted on has run smoothly but, anyway, the downtime they state 99% of the times never exceeded 10 minutes.

Their control panel looks very “simple” (compared to Cpanel for example) but has everything is needed to use the account. Phpmyadmin for example is not directly available, but in their knowledge base there is a good tutorial on how to install it (which I will do shortly).

I subscribed their referral program, but unfortunately there is no panel with updated statistics.

There is the opportunity to host more domains, with a setup and monthly fee.
    I think their domain registration partner (pairnic) is quite expensive, but pointing one domain to their nameserver is easy and fast.

Overall I am very very satisfied with pair. Support so far has been great: efficient, fast and very friendly. On the phone and via email.
    Space, bandwidth, ftp, database and mail accounts are much more than I would need.

If you need additional information just let me know.

Greetings from Italy

Dario

Thank you for your review. Be sure to keep us updated on how it works out for you in the future.
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions

Good review. This goes to show sometimes you get what you pay for. Pair is not the cheapest host around but based on the number of quality reviews they have been getting they are no doubt a top notch service provider.
    Mike Johnson - thehostinglist.com
    Reviews of the world's top web hosting providers
    Check our reviews at thehostinglist.com before you buy your web hosting package!

Quote Originally Posted by thehostinglist
    Good review. This goes to show sometimes you get what you pay for. Pair is not the cheapest host around but based on the number of quality reviews they have been getting they are no doubt a top notch service provider.
    The total I paid to pair, for 1 year (no setup fee) is 142 USD
    The basic plan with dreamhost (1 domain inclued) is 119,40 (one-year pre-payment). The difference is about 30 USD on a yearly base (2,5 USD per month).

I am sure I will never need 20Gb disk storage and 1 Tb monthly bandwidth and for 1 cent a day, I think I did the right choice.

Dario

Well written, informative, useful review! Thank you, and keep us updated, as the test of time is quite important!

thanks for the good review. I'm looking forward to seeing futher updates

Thanks for the review. It seems like pair.com has a lot of satisfied customers.
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    |||| Top 10 Web Hosts - www.TopHostScout.com
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Nice review, glad you are getting such good service from pair, and the pings and server speed from where i'm standing (europe) seem really good ^^

Just a quick update:

lopevi Downtime
    ---------------

lopevi (www445) required resetting after encountering a high load
    condition. Down-time was about 5 minutes.

(Posted On: Sep 08, 2006, 8:01 AM Eastern)

lovepi is the server I am on....

Thank you for review about host.. Keep them coming..

Hope you will do another review in future..
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

From what I have seen on the forums here at WHT, I have seen/heard nothing bad at all about pairNetworks. I'm glad you found a webhost that you are satisfied with! Be sure to kee us updated in the future.

I was with pair.com for over 3 years.
    100% satisfied.

Nice review. Pair has made many happy customers it seems (from the amount of good reviews they get).

Please keep us updated!
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••
    | | | |**The Top Web Hosts**
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Cheap Hosts • Quality Hosts • Coupons • Save $$$

Quote Originally Posted by thehostinglist
    Hi, I had a look on your site, and don't see how you support what you say here...where is pair on your list?