Colo in toronto (cogent)

Hey guys,

We're looking to move providers up in Toronto and would like pure Cogent bandwidth due to #1 -- Cogent has been good up there for us so far, and #2 -- the kind of traffic we're pushing is not latency dependent.

We'd need around 40 Mbps of bandwidth. Can someone give us a quote for 2u and 40 Mbps of cogent? Thanks!

You can't get quotes in this forum, look in the offers forum for colo in toronto I'm sure there have been many posts...using the search feature is helpful.

My apologies.

I didn't realize that -- I'll try using the search feature again... I already used it and didn't come up with too much.

Is there a particular forum that will cater to my topic?

Whats your budget for 2U and 40mbps?

You can ask for suggestions in this forum but you won't get any quotes... the Web Hosting Offers >> Dedicated and Colo Offers would be the best forum for you.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...archid=1495716

that should get you started

Budget is ~$600 for the bandwidth + the rack/power fee (which shouldn't be more than $50-$100) -- though we'd like to move down as we use more bandwidth since it's cogent, but I realize too people have to make money. I don't mind if I get quotes on the topic.. just looking for someone to PM me.

I realize that people have to make money... $15/mbit should be quite reasonable for a provider with at least a couple hundred Mbps of cogent in their mixture. Honestly, the only reason I'm even asking here is because I don't want to pay Cogent's unreasonable $5k installation fee plus by the switch and 100 Mbps @ $12/mbit. That'd be like $6200 to get started not including servers or switch...I suppose if I can't find anyone here or somewhere to set something up like this for me I'll have to go direct with Cogent.

I also rather just go with someone who has both Cogent and other providers so when we start doing things that are latency dependent we don't have to rely on Cogent.

Maybe the mods can move the topic for me... I didn't mean to post in the wrong forum.
    Last edited by guarnibl; 09-26-2006 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guarnibl
    Budget is ~$600 for the bandwidth + the rack/power fee (which shouldn't be more than $50-$100) -- though we'd like to move down as we use more bandwidth since it's cogent, but I realize too people have to make money. I don't mind if I get quotes on the topic.. just looking for someone to PM me.

I realize that people have to make money... $15/mbit should be quite reasonable for a provider with at least a couple hundred Mbps of cogent in their mixture. Honestly, the only reason I'm even asking here is because I don't want to pay Cogent's unreasonable $5k installation fee plus by the switch and 100 Mbps @ $12/mbit. That'd be like $6200 to get started not including servers or switch...I suppose if I can't find anyone here or somewhere to set something up like this for me I'll have to go direct with Cogent.

I also rather just go with someone who has both Cogent and other providers so when we start doing things that are latency dependent we don't have to rely on Cogent.

Maybe the mods can move the topic for me... I didn't mean to post in the wrong forum.

is it a requirement that it be in toronto? There are many providers that can meat your price points but I'm not aware of any in the Toronto area.

Quote Originally Posted by WireSix
    is it a requirement that it be in toronto? There are many providers that can meat your price points but I'm not aware of any in the Toronto area.
    Yes -- 100% Absolutely.

I'm looking at moxiehosting. I think they have gig-e to cogent... should be able to help me I hope.
    Last edited by guarnibl; 09-26-2006 at 01:46 AM.