Question What do you think of Mediatemple's 1T Bandwith/Net Transfer?

I've just signed up yesterday and it's all good. I like the nicely designed control panel. No frills though. No one-button-installation scrips but it doesn't bother me since most of the ones included in cpanel or plesk are not really that interesting.

Anyways, about the net transfer I was just curious if it's even remotely possible for a shared account to hit that figure in MT? I'm thinking it's more a marketing gimmick but I wanted to hear the opinions of those who really know about this stuff.

Hi,

Most hosts now are putting up higher and higher bandwidth limits on their hosting packages as you can see in the Hosting Offers section here at WHT and so on, it's just a matter of which host you think will provide an overall better service for you and bring ya a good experience

Good luck with MediaTemple and do come back and post a review in few months if ya remember.

Cheers
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

One way to see if it's possible is to try is to use the resources and see if they kick you or not.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

it's just a matter of which host you think will provide an overall better service for you and bring ya a good experience
    Interesting perspective Cirtex. After a certain point, it really does come down to brand comparison only, which is sort of funny, because the hosts were actually trying to differentiate themselves when they chose to go the "really cheap" way.

I've just signed up with Media Temple too

But, 1 TB of bandwidth?

Then why do I have only 30 gb allocated per month?!!

http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ndwidthxz3.gif

am I missing something?

I'm gonna send them a ticket

Anyways, about the net transfer I was just curious if it's even remotely possible for a shared account to hit that figure in MT? I'm thinking it's more a marketing gimmick but I wanted to hear the opinions of those who really know about this stuff.
    It's a marketing gimmick, simply put. Unfortunately, such is the trend in this industry.

Quote Originally Posted by shaq80
    I've just signed up with Media Temple too

But, 1 TB of bandwidth?

http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ndwidthxz3.gif

am I missing something?

I'm gonna send them a ticket
    Thats quite interesting, I'm sure it's probably just a mistake and they'll take care of it for ya, maybe you were an older customer before they started offering the 1TB Bandwidth. Keep us updated.

Cheers
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

True many hosts are increasing bandwidth limit such as 10mbps, 100mbps 1T...

shaq80: ask mt to take a look at your bandwidth which you do not have 1TB bandwidth.

Some of the hosts with huge data transfer allocations use daily limits. Still, even then you'd not be receiving 1TB per month.

Strange situation indeed... Please let us know what MT has to say about your situation. Thank you!

I would reccomend to give them a try. Mediatemple is a good company.

About the 30GB you will need to email support and tell them about it and they will increase it to the advertised 1TB. I had the same incident and someone just PM about this as well so I think in their default set-up they give you 30GB unless you ask for rectification.