Processor: P4 3.4GHZ Dual Core
    Memory: 2GB PC3200
    Hd1: 160GB 7200RPM SATA / 8MB Cache
    Hd2: 160GB 7200RPM SATA / 8MB Cache
    RemoteBackup: 50GB Remote Backup
    ControlPanel: CPanel / Web Host Manager
    (+InitAdmin)
    (+Fantastico/XController)

is there any formula for the hosting plans i can offer keeping it competative and still getting some profit(not expecting lot just want to cover server costs and stuff)

can anyone help me please? I am new to hosting buissenss.. is ther guide I can follow?

thank youin advace for your replies

Quote Originally Posted by icare
    Hello friends,

I have a server with following configratin,
    Processor: P4 3.4GHZ Dual Core
    Memory: 2GB PC3200
    Hd1: 160GB 7200RPM SATA / 8MB Cache
    Hd2: 160GB 7200RPM SATA / 8MB Cache
    RemoteBackup: 50GB Remote Backup
    ControlPanel: CPanel / Web Host Manager
    (+InitAdmin)
    (+Fantastico/XController)

is there any formula for the hosting plans i can offer keeping it competative and still getting some profit(not expecting lot just want to cover server costs and stuff)

can anyone help me please? I am new to hosting buissenss.. is ther guide I can follow?

thank youin advace for your replies
    Who are you going to compete with?

If you are going to compete in the general hosting arena your profit margins will be thin and you will need to have a lot of servers before that gets better. What you need to do is focus on a niche and make your profits higher, so focus on offering hosting in your state or city, or for a certain script, or so on, focus it down to a smaller group who are willing to pay more for expertise in that area. It also makes it easier to advertise and cheaper plus you will find better conversion ratios with people you get to visit and so on.

Niche marketing, say it 3 times and please please don't just start another hosting in the huge ocean...
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Perhaps you should have figured out a business plan before purchasing your dedicated server?
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    Perhaps you should have figured out a business plan before purchasing your dedicated server?

well, I bought a server to host my own sites. There will be enough resources ideal so just wondering if i can recover my server costs.

If you are just looking to recover the cost of the server perhaps you should just ask around to see if anyone would want a share of your server and not look into starting a company to sell off a few slots on a server.

Unless I misunderstand your point.
    Matt Armour
    OpenReaction

Nowadays unlimited hosting is so popular. so if you want to attract customer in a short time, it's a good plan to start with.

You need a plan to guide your web hosting business, both now and in the future, to define the long-term strategy you’ll use to help you achieve your goals and mission.