Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I guess those are $399 per month boxes. You get what you paid for...

Should we setup an email-list and discuss/annouce FDC-related problems so that everyone is in the loop. LOL !

My server was extremely slow last nite for 2 hours as well (according to my tracking script)

Originally posted by dabystru
    What is that "premium" link? What servers are placed there?
    I'm not sure whether "premium" is the right word for it. It's the one they sent out an e-mail about maybe two months ago -- I got much better performance to their speed test server on that line (66.28.242.250), so I switched over onto the $155/month for 5mb/s plan.

Originally posted by k6cheung
    I guess those are $399 per month boxes. You get what you paid for...
    Hmm, I don't think I got what I paid for. I paid for 5 months in advance for 10 servers to get the good deal.

Router (or whatever is it) is still down...
    MetaTester.com

what happened to those 24/7 supports ?

5 months and 10 servers. I can feel your pain

You know what bothers me the most? Everytime you need them -like when server is down- they don't reply to your e-mails!! Can you believe that? This isn't funny. This isn't how I do business. When our customer's sites are down, the first thing we do is let them know about it on our forum.

Oh and please; don't tell me you believe they can't reply to you right now... the place must be a chaos right now over there.
    Like someone already stated in this thread: they're not professional. They're a bunch of amateurs who don't realize how much money people are loosing because of this.
    ESPECIALLY a dedicated server company should be reachable at all times, and fix their problems fast. I mean come on! Their network is down at least twice a month for several hours!!

Whatever man... I'm moving to eServers.biz as soon as they get new hardware.
    Best regards,
    Thomas
    thomas.k@live.be

I called by phone and left a message on Petr's answering machine -- will let you know if I hear anything back from them before anybody else does.
    MetaTester.com

Fixed

My box is back online

I agree! This isn't funny at all.

Everytime my server is down, I got extremely angry emails from my customers as well. (I should just foward those email to petr!,LOL) All I can tell them is the network is down and it is not controlled in my hand.

I am lucky that I have a backup solution and I can just switch the DNS over so that my service will not be affected.

Mine too... but for how long is it gonna be this time?

Best regards,
    Thomas
    thomas.k@live.be

I don't know if it is my phone call or just coincidence, but 12 of 13 my boxes are up as well. Good.
    MetaTester.com

What about me, I invested a fortune in hardware upgrades and prepayed for 6 months to knock the price down on them. I mean, in how many places does it take 20 hours to receive your CPanel login info after it has been installed. I'm usually a very happy customer of fdcservers, but this time there is no excuse...

[SARCASM]Well, I'm not complaining... Up to now (and after many emails and attempts to rectify the situation) my server still was too unreliable to be used as I wanted (major packet loss problem ), so I didn't really loose anything nor get 'angry emails' from customers.. [/SARCASM]

Since that down time, my ping has never been so good, and I don't have any more packet loss *at all*. I hope it stays that way (knock on wood).

Must agree, speed seems to have picked up enormously now. Maybe the problem from the beginning was a faulty router...
    Last edited by Tazzman; 07-06-2002 at 08:02 PM.

Now dedicated hosting sounds more like a religion now, We have to guess what the problem is and what fixed the problem ?

Is it possible for petr to have a 'status' page on his page to stop us from guess. That can save him a lot of time replying those "angry emails"

Apparently I am getting more than 50% packet loss,

IS that just me or everyone else ?

ya

Packet loss and now my box is again offline

I didn't even get as far as packet loss, went straight back offline

yeah, good luck with FDC guys.

Petr replied my email, (WOHOO, I am the chosen one!) and said the problem is related to a DOS attack.

KC.

funny experiences

Is there a reason why you guys would choose with an unproven company such as fdcservers and go through a slew of problems and then come on the board to complain?

I don't know

but paying $99.99 and expecting problems would be a fact of life.

I can name you a few companies I think that will get many complaints

1. any company selling $99.99 servers
    excluding rackshack because they have a lot of capital.

Originally posted by Tazzman
    What about me, I invested a fortune in hardware upgrades and prepayed for 6 months to knock the price down on them. I mean, in how many places does it take 20 hours to receive your CPanel login info after it has been installed. I'm usually a very happy customer of fdcservers, but this time there is no excuse...
    Your machine hasn't been up long enough to do a complete Cpanel install and configuration due to the attacks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12