Not exactly hosting related, but...

Hi all… Hope this request does not violate the forums policies.

Looking for someone (U.S. based) that can build and ship my video surveillance systems. Since I’m located in Canada, it makes no sense to ship/ assemble the systems here, then ship them back to the U.S. These systems run on the Win XP OS /general-purpose P-4 based platform. So essentially, you’re building PC’s, then shipping them with the installed software and cameras to my customers.

In finer detail... a “Reliable” and “Competent” person to:

- Order a pre-built PC from one of several suppliers, (Or roll your own)..
    - Install the O.S.
    - Install the capture card and associated software
    - Order the requested cameras/ hardware ( I use three different suppliers)
    - Package it up and drop ship it for me

This would be well suited to someone with a small computer shop, and or someone with an interest in DVR based systems/ enjoys testing and configuring these types of applications, although configuration is generally minimal.

What would you charge for this?

If this is of interest to anyone, please send me a PM with your fee, or if you need additional info, just ask.

Much thanks!

Dave

If you could post an email or AIM screenname in this thread, I would be more than happy to contact you.

If you are still looking for someone, I live in Arizona, I have lots of free time and i love to work on/build Computers.

KingTiger

I should probably add in that I live in Illinois, which is in the midwest so it would be fast to ship to any location. I also have a family member who is an employee at a local distributor, so I could get the product fast.

I have been building computers for a few years now, and am sitting next to my latest one as I type this. I have never done anything with surveilence, but am willing to learn.

I probably would not be able to ship out systems every day or anything like that, but I can definately complete them on a daily basis.

Getting a lot of PM's on this. Trying to reply to everyone. I wish I would have considered the WHM option for finding a builder sooner. To the last two posters… I have acknowledged your replies and thanks.

D.

Adding some more clarity to the original posting

Alright, I guess I should add more clarity to my original posting. First of all, I appreciate the numerous responses I received, however they’re mostly people ‘not’ established in the computer shop business. The reason why I need an ‘established’ shop, is that the builder needs to be able to:

- Order/ purchase the computer and other hardware
    - Assemble and test it
    - Ship it

In more detail, when I give the go ahead to build a system, the builder/ shop purchases the components. Once tested and ready to go, I’ll submit payment to you. Once payment is complete, the system is then shipped to the customer.

In essence, it’s no different than custom building/ ordering a computer from a shop, in that you select your components, then the shop ships to it to you upon receiving your payment. So again, anyone that builds and ships computers; has an online Ebay store, or is in the purchasing/ selling/ retailing kind of thing is what I’m looking for. Please PM me with any additional information you may require.

Thanks again all,

Dave