Reseller hosting by Hostgator?

Does anyone had some experience with reseller hosting by Hostgator?

They look very professional for me, according to my experience of share hosting with them, but I'd like to hear other people experiences about reseller hosting.
    FREE ADVERTISING and GEOPIX ADS
    WEBSITE WHICH UNITED THE WORLD

I briefly tried their reseller hosting, then moved on because cPanel was not for me. But I liked what I saw. Unfortunately, I did not toy around with it too much, though, so I cannot give you a good idea of how it worked. I will tell you, though, that it appears they uphold the same standards of quality for their reseller plans that they do for their shared plans. I will also tell you that reseller plans are their primary business, so I think they must be Ok.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

I've had a reseller account with HostGator since Jan2005. Although I won't say that I have ended my search for the best reseller, right now HostGator is on top of my list.

ResellerZoom is a close 2nd. That's from a list of over 10 different reseller hosting accounts since May 2003.

It should be safe to say that you'll get the same treatment as a reseller as you are getting with your shared hosting account.

Be aware though that overselling is not enabled on HostGator Reseller accounts. Something very important to a lot of resellers.

Many hosts will not enable oversell on reseller accounts =)
    Alex Maleki -/- 1.866.596.8401
    iTeraWeb Solutions -\- Quality cPanel, Unlimited Reseller, and A-Z VoIP Termination.
    http://www.iteraweb.com | 24x7x365 Phone/Chat Support

Quote Originally Posted by hmalekib

Who says?

ResellerZoom do, we do, and every other hosting company i know does.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Advance hosting reseller accounts of resellerzoom are pioneer in its category, Oversell with high quality non overloaded boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by hmalekib
    I don't think that this is true at all - I am pretty sure most reseller companies allow overselling

Quote Originally Posted by one19
    I've had a reseller account with HostGator since Jan2005. Although I won't say that I have ended my search for the best reseller, right now HostGator is on top of my list.

ResellerZoom is a close 2nd. That's from a list of over 10 different reseller hosting accounts since May 2003.

It should be safe to say that you'll get the same treatment as a reseller as you are getting with your shared hosting account.

Be aware though that overselling is not enabled on HostGator Reseller accounts. Something very important to a lot of resellers.
    Thanx, one19!
    FREE ADVERTISING and GEOPIX ADS
    WEBSITE WHICH UNITED THE WORLD

Quote Originally Posted by kennedy90
    I don't think that this is true at all - I am pretty sure most reseller companies allow overselling
    Correct allot of hosting companies do allow overselling, the one feature most hosting companies do block is allow resellers to advertise unlimited diskspace/bandwidth
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

For some overselling is an important feature but for others its a turn off. Depending upon your pricing and long term needs, this may or may not matter. In any case. many have good things to say about hostgator in other regards, including support/billing etc.,

Your best bet would be to send them pre-sales emails, test out their support, and see if they have anything that's important to you.

I can't see why reselling would be turned off. You could buy a reseller account to manage your own websites, not host others.

In this case it would be quite a bit of hassle to switch the bandwidth quotas around as you get surges in traffic to different parts of your site.

I am also thinking about going with a resller hosting account with hostgator. They advertise an enom reseller account and WHMAutopilot.

I think with domains as far as quick return on investment I would be better off going with GoDaddy's wildwest/resller plans than enom, but I have read multiple places (including these boards) that it is better to go with enom or another registrar that can be intergrated into WHM/Cpanel rather than offering domain registration as a seperate service or registering domains for clients after they sign up for their accounts. Anyone have expereinces they can share with either option?

In addition to opening the reseller with hostgator I will probably open a vps at liquidweb. If I am using WHMAutopilot license provided by hostgator, would I be able to integrate that into a VPS with liquidweb as well? (I mean use WHMAutopilot to set up accounts on both servers)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WebHosting2-UK
    I can't see why reselling would be turned off...In this case it would be quite a bit of hassle to switch the bandwidth quotas around as you get surges in traffic to different parts of your site.
    I completely agree with you. That's why I warned the OP about HostGator's policy. In fact, I do encounter that problem with HostGator. But I must say that despite this limitation, I have chosen to stay with HostGator (and ResellerZoom).

Because after trying out several others -- midPhase, Site5, BliksemHosting, among others -- HostGator gives me a much better overall experience.

Personally, I don't believe that it has anything much to do with their decision to disable overselling for resellers, but in my case, I can live with that limitation and remain completely satisfied.

If overselling is extremely important (and I do believe it is for most resellers), then I would recommend ResellerZoom (but don't go Budget!).

Quote Originally Posted by dinnerbucket
    I am also thinking about going with a resller hosting account with hostgator. They advertise an enom reseller account and WHMAutopilot.

I think with domains as far as quick return on investment I would be better off going with GoDaddy's wildwest/resller plans than enom, but I have read multiple places (including these boards) that it is better to go with enom or another registrar that can be intergrated into WHM/Cpanel rather than offering domain registration as a seperate service or registering domains for clients after they sign up for their accounts. Anyone have expereinces they can share with either option?

In addition to opening the reseller with hostgator I will probably open a vps at liquidweb. If I am using WHMAutopilot license provided by hostgator, would I be able to integrate that into a VPS with liquidweb as well? (I mean use WHMAutopilot to set up accounts on both servers)

Thanks
    Yep as long as you keep your account with hostgator open.
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

Quote Originally Posted by dinnerbucket

Thanks

No, your whmautopilot is locked to one domain, at least it was when i used it a while ago.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Quote Originally Posted by TrafalgarWeb
    No, your whmautopilot is locked to one domain, at least it was when i used it a while ago.
    It runs on one domain but it can create accounts I thought accross multiple servers?
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company