Best Dedicated Server Place..

Do you know a good solid host that is reliable and has good pricings that are located near or in Georgia, Chicago, New York or anywhere around their?

Please let me know. No FDCServers.net sucks, because I went with them for a month and it was just completely awful but this was back like a year ago so they may have changed, even though I seen a few bad reviews around.

Help please. Thanks

Stick with Steadfast.net ( steadfastnetworks ) for Chicago. Great network, great owners. Give Karl or Ray an email, they will take good care of you.
    GameWarrior.net - Bringing Gaming To The Next Level
    GamingMonkeys.com - Come Play Fun Flash Games !

www.chicagocolo.net lists a lot of options

Anything in particular you are looking for? High end servers? Low end servers? Unmetered bandwidth? Price range?
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

Quote Originally Posted by Frimon86
    Do you know a good solid host that is reliable and has good pricings that are located near or in Georgia, Chicago, New York or anywhere around their?

Please let me know. No FDCServers.net sucks, because I went with them for a month and it was just completely awful but this was back like a year ago so they may have changed, even though I seen a few bad reviews around.

Help please. Thanks
    FDC has done a lot of changes within the last couple years to really help build their company up to be really solid. Their network has had major make overs as of late and support is very fast for us. Because of these huge changes and the dramatic increase in uptime and bandwidth allotments, we moved 6 boxes into them.

If you want an SLA in the Chicago area, though, go with steadfast. I've been with them since January of last year and have only had 1 outage - a planned one for a router upgrade. They have a 100% SLA and stick by it come hell or high water.

For Georgia, there is wiresix, which is in GNAX. Their prices are quite nice, they use the GNAX silver network (Cogent/Telia), and have been VERY solid (no outages, outside of the one for the datacenter move).

Thanks,

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Definately www.Steadfast.net in chicago

Steadfast has one of the best performing value networks you'll find. It is almost as good as their premium.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    Steadfast has one of the best performing value networks you'll find. It is almost as good as their premium.
    Make it 4 for steadfast.
    I dealt with Karl and the steadfast crew late last year on one of my servers, and I have to say that the service was astounding.
    If you're after Chicago servers, you want either Steadfast or Fastservers.net, though FS will throw you into IA (we're not THAT far from Chicago ). Both are excellent providers and will help you with anything you need at any time . Trust me, I've tried 'em at 3am, I've tried 'em all hours
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Touche, I don't use their value network, however I heard its pretty decent, I use the premium and Karl is my buddy.. Isn't that right Karl
    Next-Generation Game Servers- www.NextGenServers.com - Play On. Fast, Reliable, Low ping, No Lag, full support servers. Providing Professional, Low Cost, but effective services to gamers like you. Providing the nextgen of gaming services.

Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs
    Touche, I don't use their value network, however I heard its pretty decent, I use the premium and Karl is my buddy.. Isn't that right Karl
    The customer is always right.... :-)
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation

Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs
    Yeah, the premium is probably a little better for stuff like gaming, etc, but the value network is quite honestly faster than some competitors' premium networks...which is awesome. We've hosted some downloads on the value network and our visitors always commented on how fast the downloads were compared to other sites
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Thanks all for your replies, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by spaethco
    Anything in particular you are looking for? High end servers? Low end servers? Unmetered bandwidth? Price range?
    Yes kinda, I am looking something no lower than the follow

P4 2.8 or AMD 3200
    1GB RAM
    120GB HDD
    10-100mb port
    1000 per month bandwidth
    $130 and under

I know that there are not much strong companies with a sold network and promising uptime around here possible with the asking price but I found BrustNET had a P43.2 I think it was for $99 with a $50 setup fee.

I also need something with good support and a good uptime.

If anyone can help or get me what I need, feel free to drop me a pm.
    Again thanks all!!

Frimon86

Checked out SteadFast Network.

Athlon64 3500+
    2.2Ghz 512KB Cache Athlon64
    250 GB SATA II Hard Drive
    1 GB DDR2 SDRAM
    Silver Management
    Remote Reboot Port
    Availability: Coming Soon

1200GB Bandwidth (100 Mbit/sec port)
    - $139.95 per month
    Maybe If I don't find any other porovider I'll drop on by to them when it comes available since it says comming soon.

for NY check voxrox.com.. very good network.

Frimon86,

Bottomline it all depends on you. There are a lot of known and unknown hosts that are offer a stable network with good support. Everyone takes a chance when picking a host. You just need to think about what you really want and need and try a host.

VoxRox in New York or Steadfast in Chicago get my vote .

Alex

This depends on a couple of factors; what purpose are you looking for hosting? what type of management do you need? specs? With more information, the list can be narrowed quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by rohitj
    This depends on a couple of factors; what purpose are you looking for hosting? what type of management do you need? specs? With more information, the list can be narrowed quickly.

and I would add what is your budget?