Web Host for MB-based site (Hostgator?)

I am currently the admin of a forum hosted for free by, and I am interested in moving this forum to a paid host. The forum has about 54,000 posts and 350 members, and averages about 500 posts a week.

I've been hearing some good things about, and I was wondering if their hatchling package would be sufficient for my forum?

Or, if not, could anyone provide me with some web hosts who are good for dealing with message board based sites?

New York City

350 member forum is no problem for most budget hosting companies, just depends mainly on the amount of traffic you get and number of concurrent users you have on your forum most the time.

Send an email to your host and do some research and you should be good to go.

CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

3. What is your max amount of visitors online? How fast is your forum growing? What is your current bandwidth usage per month?

Manila, Philippines
    350-member forum can be accommodated by budget hosting plans but make sure your host can scale things up for you when you need it.

Your growth rate and traffic density will most likely affect your choice of hosting package. I also suggest that you make some sort of buffer (1 plan up) if your forum is growing fast and have heavy traffic already.

Hope this helps.
    Don't Lose Your Website Ever Again!
    Backup All Your Domains and MySQL Databases Automatically
    Grab this Website Backup Software today.

Chicago, IL USA
    Grand Royal,

First, welcome to WHT!

Any reliable host will be able to handle your needs. What you describe is not really that large. HostGator is a good solid company and has a good rep here. Good luck to you!
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

Yeah, the forum isn't that big, that's why I was assuming I wouldn't need too big of a hosting plan. I just wanted to ask to make sure. Thanks guys.

Web Hosting 101: max users online is probably about 5-10, forum has been online for about 2 years, and I don't know what my current bandwidth use per month is because I don't host the forum on my own. It's a free one from, which doesn't disclose bandwidth info.

So yeah, obviously it isn't too big, but it's big enough to make the transition to a paid hosting plan, IMO.

Also, is good about dealing with message board sites? I just keep hearing their name in a lot of threads around these parts, so I'm kind of leaning towards going with them...