View Poll Results: What control panel do you like best?

40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plesk

2 5.00%
  • Ensim

3 7.50%
  • cpanel/WHM

22 55.00%
  • interworx

0 0%
  • DirectAdmin

7 17.50%
  • other

6 15.00%
    Reston, VA

New York City

I personally prefer cPanel but I also enjoyed using DirectAdmin for two years and it was a pretty good experience as well. In terms of security and such Plesk is probably is your best bet but cPanel is most popular atm in terms of feature and customer usability.

CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Los Angeles, CA

I like iBiz Panel and I like Alabanza's control panel. Both come with the severs or server farm and are not stand alone products. I prefer the fully integrated and automated system that these control panels provide. There is a larger profit margin to be made in systems where you can up-sell and where customers can upgrade and buy services without support having to lift a finger. So there is less support to be done and, since everything is automated, customers are more content and confident that they can get what they need when they need it. The reliability of 99.983! to 99.999% ain't bad either.

Also, both of these control panels manage server farms, not just 1 individual server. You can move websites between servers with no downtime and these server farms have load balancing. So if you oversell and suddenly a server is filling up, you can easly move some websites to another server without your client's even knowing it happened. No interruptions. The iBiz Panel is a fully managed server farm where with Alabanza, you manage your own. Both are fully equipped to resell to resellers.

I mention these details because these control panels did not even make it on your list but you should consider having ALL of them available to your customers.

My vote goes to H-Sphere.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@] today!

Add HELM to the list
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server. - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

Cpanel WHM or Alabanza
    Providing Hosting & Domain Reseller since 2001
    Clientexec and Directi Domain Reseller with every Reseller Plan - 30 Day Trial Now Available!

If it is windows then helm play a vital role.
    Live Your DreamZ

You should update your list and include HSphere and Helm

I'm a cPanel fan probably because I started with it and have learned to be comfortable with it.

On top of that, we handle everything for the client so a pretty control panel isn't that important to me. RVSkins are good but in terms of look and feel, I think cPanel falls short when compared to the others I've seen Plesk / HSphere.

As far as the functionality is concerned, I can't give an authoritative answer as I've never gone deep into the features of others. I've at least looked at and considered Plesk and HSphere. However, I move from host to host as you always have good hosts going bad (e.g. Site5) so it's much more convenient and easier for me to stick with cPanel

Resellers like cpanel/whm the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudstr
    So i'm trying to gauage what control panel resellers like, cpanel/whm, plesk ensim?

cPanel rocks in both reseller and customer POV...
    Singapore Managed Colocation
    Singapore BGP Announcement

I've used cPanel, Ensim, and Direct Admin in the past. cPanel + WHM is my favorite by far.

San Antonio, Texas
    My vote goes for the Alabanza control panel. Of course Ive used it since around 1999!
    I find clients really like it too though. Easy to use, and more importantly very STABLE and reliable!
    I found Ensim pretty good too (used it a few years ago, but not currently)
    I think DirectAdmin *looks* really nice but havent yet had a chance to work with it.

cPanel = "not for me" -- Too much of an over-saturated market with hosts that offer cPanel. Nuff said - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Cpanel, just because I'm comfortable with it.

Manila, Philippines
    cPanel here also.

Good for both the Resellers and the End Customers as well.
    Don't Lose Your Website Ever Again!
    Backup All Your Domains and MySQL Databases Automatically
    Grab this Website Backup Software today.

Another vote for cPanel/WHM. yeap. it is good for both the resellers and clients. I have used it as client first then i am using it right now as resellers. ****** hosting offers command console. so far i don't know how to operate it.

HostingController is also missing from your list. Even though we are not using HELM but on windows many prefer this.
    << Please review the Forum Guidelines regarding signatures >>