Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Question VarHosting.net improving?

Hi,

I can see the change in price structure of varhosting.net reseller plans. The starter plan (2GB/30GB) which was earlier sold for $4.95 is being sold at 9.95 now....

Does this reflect that by doubling the prices they'll improve??

Would like your comments...
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe they're trying, but the fact that they were operating like before just shows bad business practice. Personally, I wouldn't go with a company that has already shown bad business practice and failed a lot of its customers. If it took so many cancellations and bad reviews for them to finally do something about it, well, that certainly says something about them..

However, I have never used, i'm just basing it on what customers that have moved to me from VarHosting has expressed.

But either way, if they are getting things into gear, then kudos to them
      0 Not allowed!

Did they not before have 2 level of Linux Reseller. And the one for 4.95 was on a crouded server and without end user support.

It looks that thay have removed that option and only have the Advanced version left.

Hans
      0 Not allowed!

Hi Hans,
    Yeah, varhosting.net is actually undergoing some large improvements here in the next few weeks. We're in the process of upgrading all hardware, adding new knowledgeable support staff, as well as introducing 24/7/365 monitoring solutions on all dedicated and VPS accounts.

As you may already know, Varhosting.net was recently sold to my firm about a week ago or so, and since then we've been upgrading hardware and getting things back up and running at a performance level of 99.99%...it's a big push to get things going but we're making great progress.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me anytime.

Thanks,
    Rick
      0 Not allowed!

Is Roj getting out of hosting completely
    Web Hosting Plus
    Premium Australian Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Yup, he's concentrating on his software business as far as I know.
      0 Not allowed!

Are you planning to overcome that image that many forum readers have of you?
      0 Not allowed!

maybe a rebrand :p
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com
      0 Not allowed!

hey Rick,

I had a friend who told me he has asked refund from you due to varhosting poor service but it has been weeks but you didn't refund anything or reply to their request.

He told me that you are the one who promised for the refund but till now nothing has been done yet.. don't u think that is unethical ? you guys should remove the money back guarantee if you guys never meant to do that to unsatisfied users.

Hmm... is that what you call improving after the takeoever? I really doubt so..
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia
    hey Rick,

I had a friend who told me he has asked refund from you due to varhosting poor service but it has been weeks but you didn't refund anything or reply to their request.

He told me that you are the one who promised for the refund but till now nothing has been done yet.. don't u think that is unethical ? you guys should remove the money back guarantee if you guys never meant to do that to unsatisfied users.

How could it have been Rick, that promised "your friend" a refund, if Rick has only owned VAR for about a week and a half?

Unless Weeks = 1 week (weird math, usual in the case for mad clients summing up their downtime )

Think about that one.
      0 Not allowed!

varhosting's customers

Quote Originally Posted by bluskyguy
    Yup, he's concentrating on his software business as far as I know.
    Will you be notifying varhosting's customers of the change of ownership and what your future plans are for the company?
      0 Not allowed!

CEngine, r u a part of varhosting or wat??

I can even ask my business partner to join WHT and put all the emails and ticket replied by Rick here. Maybe a support ticket number will do the trick..

weeks = more than 7 days.. you are the one who should think about that..

If after you took over a company means all the refunds no need to be entertained by the new owner, well then I think should do the same like what Varhosting did... offer 60 daysmoney back guarantee and change owner every month so no refunds need to be followed up.. now I got a new idea of doing business

Rick, it will be great if you can reply regarding this issue.. cheers.
      0 Not allowed!

Haha! I love that.. God no.

I can even ask my business partner to join WHT and put all the emails and ticket replied by Rick here. Maybe a support ticket number will do the trick..
    Maybe you should do that then.. Why are you speaking for him anyways? He probably has the perfect ability to tell his own story.

That's good, I was just wanting to see if you would recheck my math As things didn't add up.

If after you took over a company means all the refunds no need to be entertained by the new owner, well then I think should do the same like what Varhosting did... offer 60 daysmoney back guarantee and change owner every month so no refunds need to be followed up.. now I got a new idea of doing business
    Track down Roj, or file a complaint with the BBB and whatever medium you/your "friend" used to sign up for an account with and get some sort of compensation. Can't really expect a new owner to take responsibility for what the old owner did, the old owner should own up to his responsibilities.
      0 Not allowed!

It will be a tough job but i am sure with good planning and time you will be able to overcome the negative image that may have been created within WHT.

Good luck
      0 Not allowed!

Lightbulb response

Quote Originally Posted by HHIC
    Are you planning to overcome that image that many forum readers have of you?
    Well we see where there's need for improvement (better servers/faster network/better support) so we're starting there. I'm sure over time the reputation of Varhosting.net will come back stronger then ever,
      0 Not allowed!

Lightbulb rebrand

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHostPro
    maybe a rebrand :p
    Yeah, we thought of doing a full rebrand but we've decided against it. Our existing company has been providing reliable business class hosting and marketing solutions since 1999...and the idea of rebranding var hosting under our name could have worked....however we think sticking with the original varhosting name is our best bet.
      0 Not allowed!

alicia

hey Rick,

Hi Alicia,
    I'll take this up with the old owner and see what the holdup is. I only took control of the company about a week or so ago so I'm not sure who you're friend spoke with prior.

Please contact me though and I'll get in touch with the old owner and be sure a refund is issued. Also, please include your friend username.

Thanks,
    Rick
      0 Not allowed!

Lightbulb sydneyjen

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyJen
    Will you be notifying varhosting's customers of the change of ownership and what your future plans are for the company?
    Yup, a formal press release has already been sent out to all varhosting customers notifying them of the enhancements, and new services rolling out.
      0 Not allowed!

alicia

Rick, it will be great if you can reply regarding this issue.. cheers.
    Hi Alicia,
    Please see my above response. Have you business partner email me directly at rick@varhosting.net and I'll be sure he's taken care of.

If this issue occured within the past week, then this very well could be a client that hasn't received a refund...I just need to know his username.

Thanks!
    -Rick
      0 Not allowed!

Lightbulb rois

Quote Originally Posted by rois
    It will be a tough job but i am sure with good planning and time you will be able to overcome the negative image that may have been created within WHT.

Good luck

Thanks Roise

Yeah, our goal is to overcome the image on WHT and restore Varhosting.net to what it once was, we're taking steps in the right direction
      0 Not allowed!

Rick, his account username is RESE112. He told me it is not refunded yet and no reply from Roj either. Lets see how you gonna handle this.

It will be great if you could assist him
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the info Alicia.
    I'll check this out ASAP.
      0 Not allowed!

Was this a VPS or Dedicated account?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bluskyguy
    Yup, a formal press release has already been sent out to all varhosting customers notifying them of the enhancements, and new services rolling out.
    Really? I never got a copy of the press release and I am a Varhosting customer. Maybe they need to go out again or post something on the Varhosting website.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyJen
    Really? I never got a copy of the press release and I am a Varhosting customer. Maybe they need to go out again or post something on the Varhosting website.
    Probably because your server, like mine, was down more than it was up
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast