Angry The Worst Reseller Hoster : Sonataweb - My Experience..

Well after having the worst experience in hosting I thought that everyone should now it because things are going to ridiculous section.After 10 days downtime with NO offline backups as claiming in their site,and completely losing of their server control,I decided to go out from this so called company.6 days after I got my money back THEY CHARGED ME AGAIN!!!!!!!And this is happening to many of their ex customers.What a convenience for the n00bs of paypal (as I am) to search for what is happening in their account.
    And this is not only the ridiculous section,some months ago I purchased an SSL protocol from that company.I spent more than 75$ I think I cant remember exaclty..The complete failure of that SSL its mnemonic.I almost lost my job twice for their so called ssl installation redirected my site to ANOTHER ONE!!!
    MY money back???
    Oh no I did not get neither a cent back...!!
    And for the final the classic problems of 3 and more months for unsanswered tickets was maybe the less of the problem..
    I was I think a very well paying customer,and they failed in everything...
    I think they are amateurs.keep away...miles away...

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your experience with Sonata Web, the paypal issue you mentioned was probably due to the paypal subscription not being cancelled on your end.
    While the other issues you mentioned does seem like an unpleasent experience, we're all human sometimes there can be mistakes, hopefully your SSL Issue was solved in the end as SSL Installation shouldn't be too hard in terms of WHM/cPanel etc..

Good luck.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

human mistakes are common.but when the mistake is done in a professional job,there are no reasons to be calm...I shouted several times in their forum but I dont think nothing works there.When someone plays dice its work,with inexistent fake offline backups its incredible someone didint sue them till now..

Hi

They maybe able to get a reissue from the SSL Provider, more than likely free of charge.

I know RapidSSL 24x7 support are super fast, if they bought the cert from them, if they contact them, normally rapidSSL will reissue within 5-10 minutes.

But if they got from someone else, they will have to contact them direct.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

which is the cheapest correct working ssl registrar?

I used to be hosted with them but then switched over to SyrisTech. I have yet to find a good cheap reseller hoster. Very disapointed with both.
    Sonata -> Go down for days for no reason
    Syris -> Load Averages between 40 - 120 ( Up and down all day long.. It's from customer clustering I think.)

I was with sonata for about 2 years. Till the time Terry was in charge, there were zero issues. After Terry's exit, things really went down. Terry set certain expectations and for the new owner it was very difficult to match. Downfall was there on wall, it was just a matter of time. You should have exited way back, like others.

After I left Sonata, I went with budgereseller.com and duportonline. Budget is really superb and am also pleased with duport's support and features. A review is pending from my side on both of them.
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

After 10 days downtime with NO offline backups as claiming in their site,and completely losing of their server control,I decided to go out from this so called company.
    I did the mistake of accepting very prolonged downtime (6 days) a few years ago as well, but I learned my lesson. 10 days of downtime is way too long, for any scenario. Even with a good explanation for extended downtime, there comes a point where its in the end user's best interest to just change providers, and that point IMo is closer to 24 hours than to 10 days.

You should have exited way back, like others.
    Sadly, it really seems to be the case. AFAIR Terry himself wrote a few warning posts here in an attempt to protect his ex customers from getting hurt really badly.

Unfortunately, nothing can protect customers from ownership changes resulting in declining service quality.

Better luck with your new host DVD_GR!
    Last edited by ldcdc; 09-25-2006 at 02:41 PM.

I jumped ship a few weeks ago after their server was hacked and no response to my urgent/critical ticket for ~ 48 hours.

Yup - the site appears to be down. I hope they just didn't fold up without any warning what so ever. Wish you the best.

Quote Originally Posted by jerett
    Yup - the site appears to be down. I hope they just didn't fold up without any warning what so ever. Wish you the best.

There have been warning signs on SW's operations since long. I guess, people who picked them up have already moved out to better and caring hosting companies.

There were warning signs but no communication to paying customers.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by jerett
    It was down for a little while after andy forgot to renew the sonataweb.net domain. He did manage to get it renewed same day though.

Oh it's over now: Please call 917-637-0702 for assistance. Thank you.

Theya re now listed under the name syngeryblue.

I knew they were going to synergy blue but how unprofessional is it to just list a phone number. They could at least redirect you to the new website.

Shame to see a once great hosting company flushed down the toilet Although the warning signs were flashing many months ago.

I know several attempts were made to buy Sonataweb, but Andy brushed them with once excuse or another. Must be pretty tough for Terry to see this happen

Only the index page has the phone number, the shoutcast page has been `hacked`! http://sonataweb.net/shoutcast/index.html

That is because you are looking at the cache for sonataweb.com. The company was sonataweb.net

haha ok i was looking at the same thing too. whoops haha no wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by PhireFast
    Maybe they were hacked. That happens to alot of sites that have no idea what they're doing... (trails off) :-p
    They weren't hacked they changed owners.

Quote Originally Posted by w00ts!te
    They weren't hacked they changed owners.
    Nah, the SonataWeb.Net site got hacked as well. I'm pretty sure the whole fleet has been hacked at this point.

That is probably why they changed "companies" so they would deal with the security. This kinda sucks. They were an amazing company at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by markfrompf
    Wow. Alot has happened here since I check it last. Sorry for the confusion with the domain name.
    No worries.