* Crikey, there's something in me salad!

With all the spinach being thrown to dumpfields across the US, what was the most disgusting item you ever found in a precut, bagged salad?

Once I found a dog's whole poop in a bag of mixed greens salad bought at Publix. The funny thing is where it said "thoroughly washed, ready to eat".

Ew!

The funny thing is where it said "thoroughly washed, ready to eat".

I think the most disgusting thing I ever found in a bag of salad was an earwig.
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

I can tell you this...I had already gone through 1/2 the pack when I discovered the culprit. And I was so shocked I didn't think of raising hell with Publix.

Quote Originally Posted by Acroplex
    With all the spinach being thrown to dumpfields across the US, what was the most disgusting item you ever found in a precut, bagged salad?

Once I found a dog's whole poop in a bag of mixed greens salad bought at Publix. The funny thing is where it said "thoroughly washed, ready to eat".

Ew!
    thoroughly washed dog poop, ready to eat

Quote Originally Posted by Acroplex
    I can tell you this...I had already gone through 1/2 the pack when I discovered the culprit. And I was so shocked I didn't think of raising hell with Publix.
    Maybe it was a prank by one of your friends...or an irate landlord? And maybe, just maybe it wasn't from a dog...

InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

was it a stringray?

Quote Originally Posted by Nich
    Maybe it was a prank by one of your friends...or an irate landlord? And maybe, just maybe it wasn't from a dog...

Unfortunately it was not a prank, I opened the bag myself. Plus, I handled the item to further investigate its origin.

Bottom line: cut your own salads.

I once found a hunk of metal in a can of ravoli.

That wasn't so much fun. It scratched the inside of my mouth.

ub3r, I bet that you dislike heavy metal since then

The worst thing I've ever found in pre-packed salad? I think it would have to be a moth. I did, however, purchase it from Tesco, so it was partly my fault as I always shopped at Waitrose. The worst thing, though, was the manager was neither shocked nor apologetic (I hadn't even opened it as I was lucky enough to see it before opening the bag).