VPS or Semi-Dedi

Which one is better VPS or Semi-Dedi server.

i am talking about the semi dedicated server which is on (http://www.jaguarpc.com/services/hosting/semided.php).

any help will do

thank you

I am not sure if those guys will really not have lot of users on each semi-dedi server. If that is the case, at least the price is cheaper. But if you are looking at shared resources then VPS might be better. What are your requirements, btw?
    Web Hosting Blog - An exclusive blog on Web Hosting Industry and hosting related topics.

What is your budget?

It depends on your specific needs; Do you need root access? then go for the VPS. Do you need special config, run your own services? then go for the VPS.

Or maybe you just need big space, and a lot of bandwidth, but don't want to handle all the SysAdmin, keep services up, load, handle the security, etc. Then go for semi-dedicated.

Quote Originally Posted by marisc
    What is your budget?

about $40 a month

Quote Originally Posted by edifice
    I am not sure if those guys will really not have lot of users on each semi-dedi server. If that is the case, at least the price is cheaper. But if you are looking at shared resources then VPS might be better. What are your requirements, btw?

i am looking for a server which can a db driven social network site,which consists of alot of pictures and some mp3 files.

what do think i need for that?

Quote Originally Posted by new new
    i am looking for a server which can a db driven social network site,which consists of alot of pictures and some mp3 files.

what do think i need for that?
    Hmmm.. As you are having mp3 files i belive there will more bandwidth consumption. BY keeping in mind about your site future growth(whether you will increase the mp3 files) you need to plan accordingly.

If you already hosted your site with somewhere, better check the stats analyser for the bandwidth usage report.

Do you have any idea how much bandwidth you require? This will answer your questions
    Live Your DreamZ
    ~Besty

It can be probably handled by both VPS and Semi-Dedicated. It all depends on the amount of space (the disk space you need for our mp3 files) that you'll get and the amount data transfers you can allot for expected traffic you will have in the future.

If one fits to that, you can go for it. But be ready to watch out your system usage as well as you are still on a shared resource. I don't think you can run this type of website well on a 128MB RAM VPS allocation.

Hope this helps.
    Don't Lose Your Website Ever Again!
    Backup All Your Domains and MySQL Databases Automatically
    Grab this Website Backup Software today.