09-23-2006, 02:58 PM #1WHT Addict
- Join Date
- Apr 2002
ClientExec 2.7.4 Released and Promotion
ClientExec 2.7.4 Released
We are pleased to announce the release of Clientexec 2.7.4, the most recent Stable version of Clientexec (CE).
With the release of 2.7.4, ClientExec now officially supports the ability to setup addons to package orders. Enhanced income growth reports to spot trends a little easier. Google Checkout has been added as a 3rd party merchant plug-in, small bug fixes and so much more.
Our Change log will be included for your viewing as a follow on post.
You can also take a look at our current road map at http://roadmap.clientexec.com to see what is just around the corner.
So What is the promotion? Well we understand many of our old ClientExec customers have not upgraded to our latest releases due to their upgrades/support expiring. Well we have decided to offer our 1 year extension for the price of the six month extension, that is right $29.70. That gets you one free year of support in our member center and official support forum, and more importantly free upgrades. So if you are still using an old release and your support has expired, make sure you submit an email to [email protected] with your request and we will get you all setup. This promotion is also available to our current members so take advantage of extending that support/upgrade date now.
Version 2.8 Around the corner
What is next? Well we are way on our way on 2.8 and should have a beta release to our current members in late Oct. So stay tuned as we have our dev team working in full throttle for our great customers. We are enjoying this tale end of 2006 and continue to expect even greater features added to CE before the end of the year.
ClientExec Management Team
09-23-2006, 03:00 PM #2WHT Addict
- Join Date
- Apr 2002
- Request #336: Option for clients to opt-out of email announcements.
- Implemented package add-ons feature, that lets attach extra setup and recurring charges to a package, manually or through signup.
- Feature 470: New Invoice Template Tags added: [AMOUNT_EX_TAX]: Total amount excluding taxes(price). [TAX]: Taxes.
- Automatically tick the invoice checkbox and generate the action buttons (pay, send, etc) when an invoice is clicked on.
- Moved the billable work section from the admin section to the billing section.
- Feature 192: Change elapsed to time days weeks.
- Feature 503: Show Status of LAST "x" amount of Support Tickets on Client Dashboard.
- Feature 525: Prevent customers & Admin to send blank responses for support tickets submited.
- Feature 152: notify user when ticket is created on his behalf.
- Added Status field in the Export Client Data form.
- Added Income Growth and Monthly Income by Type reports.
- Updated cwhois to version 1.84 (new lookup for .eu domains)
- Request 543: Ability to disable certain packages on the signup form.
- Feature 29: In the package type settings, added bandwidth and disk space settings for CPanel reseller accounts.
- Feature 114: Added in Admin->plugins->services: Delete Pending Users after X days.
- When activating a package, send to plesk all the information of the user (organization, name, last name, ...), instead of only the plesk username & password.
- Request 520: Payment method Google Checkout added.
- Updated jpgraph library to version 1.20.4a
- Feature 527: For the announcement emails, now there`s the option to send personalized emails with the following tags:
[CLIENTNAME]: Includes name and last name
[FIRSTNAME]: First name of the client
[LASTNAME]: Last name of the client
[ORGANIZATION]: Client's Organization
[DATE]: Actual Date
[COMPANYNAME]: Company name
- If an package insertion to Plesk fails, show the error returned by Plesk.
- Allowed access to cancelled users so that they can pay their past due invoices.
- Show remote IP and port in log.
* Bugs fixed:
- Wasn't setting paid date for fully discounted invoices, which broke the income report graph.
- 2.7.3 fix for special domain attributes worked for domain additions but not domain updates.
- Enom plugin wasn't working using the curl binary instead of PHP's extension.
- The crontab class wasn't catching "Permission denied" messages.
- The bulk mailer was cutting off large attachments when storing them in the database making them corrupt.
- When a user signed up paying with a merchant account (e.g. Authorize.net), the autopayment field for his newly created record in the users table wasn't marked as 1 as it should. This caused that the record wasn't shown in the dashboard table for CCs pending passphrasing, and the following invoices weren't automatically processed.
- When using MaxMind on a server running suexec the maxmind.ws.cache was causing permissions problems.
- When existing user pressed enter when entering his credentials in signup he was being thrown to the previous step.
- Translations weren't working in the PDF invoice when register_globals was enabled in php.ini.
- Bug 522: Non autopayment credit cards (offline credit card) weren't showing in dashboard as awaiting validation.
- Bug 524: Support attachments with file names longer than 50 chars have their extension cut off.
- Bug 480: Alternate emails that were too long couldn't be shown in the client's profile screen.
- Bug 457: Fixed and enhanced screen logger.
- Bug 531: Cpanel usernames cannot start with a number.
- The invoice summary wasn't getting the right date format: when set as dd/mm/yyyy it was printed as mm/dd/yyyy.
- The domain name needed to be converted to lowercase or the tld wouldn't be recognized.
- Bug 538: Existing members were unable to use coupons on the signup form.
- Bug 545: Report now calculates correctly the taxes & invoices totals.
- Bug 97 fixed: In Admin -> Settings -> Show Change Domain Password. When it was set to "yes", it wasn't allowing the user to change the package's password.
- The support pipe would start an email loop if the from address was the same as the support email address.
- Show a database connection error page rather than "ERROR: FindTemplate: file header.tpl does not exist anywhere in templates/" when the connection to the database fails.
- The fetchticket service wasn't retrieving e-mail attachments.
- Bug 574: Under certain circumstances the prorating price was off by 1 cent.
- Coupon wasn't correctly validated when both "All" and "Setup Fee Only" checkboxes were ticked.
- Adding new billing types resulted in an error when using MySQL < 4.0.17
- Announcements weren't being correctly sorted in the dashboard.
- Client stats (on the panel on the right) wasn't been updated when the Order Processor service activated accounts.
- Protxform plugin wasn't forwarding the customer properly.
- 3rd party billing and services configuration screens were not working properly under IE.
09-24-2006, 12:43 AM #3Newbie
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
I just had a quick question. If I were to purchase a clientexec owned license. Is it possible to set up on a reseller account or must I have access to the root server in order to set it up? Also, can it be installed by the person purchasing it?
Thanks In Advance.Andrew R. Halligan - Co-Owner/Founder
09-24-2006, 01:39 AM #4Newbie
- Join Date
- Aug 2003
hi, any promo for new purchases?
09-24-2006, 05:02 AM #5Aspiring Evangelist
Originally Posted by Alberto
- Join Date
- Sep 2004
So, we have to wait until "late 2006" before we can use CE by means of Directi registrations?
Also will domain transfers through Directi be supported with version 2.80?
Thank you.Online power for online people!
09-24-2006, 10:56 AM #6Billing System Fanatic
Originally Posted by NearlyFreeHostingStephen Preissler
- Join Date
- Jun 2003
- Baltimore, MD
Modern Advisors - A Certified Plesk Billing Reseller
We offer Plesk Billing Licenses, Configuration, Migrations, Consultation & Customization