Move *only* hosting to another server. Possible?

Hi, I would like to host a domain in a RoR enabled host but still keeping email on the present server. Is it just changing the NS name records to point to the new server while making sure the MX records' IPs don't change?

California USA
    on the old server just change the a record to the new server
    Steven Ciaburri | Proactive Linux Server Management -
    Managed Servers (AS62710), Server Management, and Security Auditing.

ok thanks
    (this msg needs at least 10 characters)

If you are using Enom, you can make use of the DNS services. This will prevent your website down in the event that your email server is down while your website server is up.

Let your registrar handle the DNS queries while two different server do their own job.
    Singapore Managed Colocation
    Singapore BGP Announcement

sw usa
    a question along that line. if my domains are with enom, but thru a reseller, is it possible to use enom's dns servers? Looks like all resellers get all the enom domain features.

I ask my reseller today, "sales" told me I had full control of my zone file, but i had to use their ns servers ;-) The first setting in my control panel for "default" dns points to enom's 5 dns servers. I just don't have an interface to edit them!

Registerfly (enom reseller) originally provided all the enom goodies. But that's all gone now that they are an Icann registrar rolling their own services.

Any enom resellers out there in the $7-8/yr range that's passing on the enom goodies?

thanks for the help, wht is a great resource.

btw, if you don't have zone file control, look at I am using their dns for one of my domains, to be able to quickly change between two hosts when one of them fails. diverse dns and very flexible.
    Last edited by k3rnd; 09-26-2006 at 12:10 AM.