Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jackass Two

Cool Jackass Two

I saw the sequel to jackass this afternoon, and I liked it. A lot of it was really over the top, but things were still pretty great. Most of the theater was laughing, and screaming throughout the film. Some of us had to close our eyes for parts of it, but everything was just cool.

Are any of you planning to see it this weekend? I believe it will probably be number one in the box offices.

I'll wait until it comes out on DVD. I watched the first one at the request of a friend and honestly had no interest in watching it. I have to admit, there were parts of it where I laughed so hard I cried.

Interested to see if this one is as amusing.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by sirius
    I'll wait until it comes out on DVD. I watched the first one at the request of a friend and honestly had no interest in watching it. I have to admit, there were parts of it where I laughed so hard I cried.

Interested to see if this one is as amusing.

Sirius
    Watching the film in a theater is a lot more fun. Listening to all the gasps, and laughs, you just don't get that watching a dvd.

Quote Originally Posted by sirius
    I'll wait until it comes out on DVD.
    I'll second that...
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

I hope too see it 2night! I just have to convince my girlfriend...
    Remote Hands and Your Local Tech for the Los Angeles area.

(310) 573-8050 - LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by hekwu
    I'll second that...
    thirded (is that a word?)

I'm waiting for one of them to die -- that'll make for an interesting watch
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelManual

Your a pretty sick person if you enjoy watching someone die. You should go get yourself evaluated.

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    Your a pretty sick person if you enjoy watching someone die. You should go get yourself evaluated.
    I'm guessing you didn't catch the sarcasm of my response then?

I'm guessing you didn't catch the sarcasm of my response then?
    How do you type sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by ub3r
    How do you type sarcasm?
    Why do I bother...

Why do I bother...
    Sarcasm is implied in voice tone. The only way you could imply sarcasm is by italicizing your text, or putting [sarcasm] and [/sarcasm] around your statement.

[sarcasm]But yeah, wishing death on people, comedy gold. I'm sure we'll be seeing great things from you in the future.[/sarcasm]

/me waits for the mods to delete the posts per the norm.

ub3r, do you honestly have nothing better to do?

/me waits for the mods to delete the posts per the norm.

ub3r, do you honestly have nothing better to do?
    Your the one who thinks someone can distinguish sarcasm in your post by what you wrote...

The first one was good, but as we all know -- these guys are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam44
    The first one was good, but as we all know -- these guys are idiots.
    They've made millions of dollars, and experienced things that most of us couldn't ever survive. How exactly are they idiots?

They've made millions of dollars, and experienced things that most of us couldn't ever survive. How exactly are they idiots?
    You just said it.

'They have experienced things that most of us couldn't ever survive'

Don't get me wrong, they have made big money -- but some of their stunts are just stupid. Sitting on a mini-rocket while it blasts off, swimming with sharks, etc. They may be smart idiots (oxymoron) by doing their stunts for money, but one wrong move and bye-bye.

Your the one who thinks someone can distinguish sarcasm in your post by what you wrote...
    I don't believe that response even made sense when you compare it to what you were quoting

This should be halarious to watch. Pain = Funny (sometimes) .

I don't believe that response even made sense when you compare it to what you were quoting
    Are your magical powers fading? Come on now, you should know what im thinking before I even type it since you seem to be able to tell if someone else is being sarcastic by what they type.

You just said it.

'They have experienced things that most of us couldn't ever survive'

Don't get me wrong, they have made big money -- but some of their stunts are just stupid. Sitting on a mini-rocket while it blasts off, swimming with sharks, etc. They may be smart idiots (oxymoron) by doing their stunts for money, but one wrong move and bye-bye.
    The stunts are very entertaining, they've been professionally trained, and have survived all of their stunts. They all know what they're doing. What's dumb about that?

What's dumb about that?
    What is smart about sacrificing your body/life for the almighty dollar?

1) Everyone sacarfices their life for the almighty dollar. By spending your time doing something for money, you are sacarficing your life. None of the jackass stars have died doing this, so what's your point?

2) They are paid millions of dollars for cheating death. The performances they put on are extremely creative, and they think up all of their stunts themselves, and they all enjoy their jobs. Most people don't even enjoy their jobs. These guys get paid tons of money, and the enjoy it. There is nothing dumb about that.

What about Iron Workers? They have high death rates but still do it. Without them we would have buildings..

What about Iron Workers? They have high death rates but still do it. Without them we would have buildings..
    Yes -- buildings which are important to society. I don't see how this entertainment can even be compared to the Iron Workers. It's a disgrace, actually, to be comparing them to some idiots who get a couple mill to gross people out and almost kill themselves.

Magical powers? I don't see why you're so dead-set against me, I made a remark in the lounge. Take a break and get some fresh air, might help

double post --lag

It would be interesting to see just how "dangerous" the stunts are.... I always thought they were stupid tricks... See how much I know.....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Yes -- buildings which are important to society. I don't see how this entertainment can even be compared to the Iron Workers. It's a disgrace, actually, to be comparing them to some idiots who get a couple mill to gross people out and almost kill themselves.

Magical powers? I don't see why you're so dead-set against me, I made a remark in the lounge. Take a break and get some fresh air, might help
    Don't worry Pixel, everything will be alright

What I really hate about this movie, is all the true idiots that try to copycat these stunts in their backyard.

/me waits for the barrage of new posts on kids getting their lower extremities blown off by sitting on a rocket like they saw in the movie.

Its called Jackass for a reason.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise

Quote Originally Posted by fyrestrtr
    What I really hate about this movie, is all the true idiots that try to copycat these stunts in their backyard.

/me waits for the barrage of new posts on kids getting their lower extremities blown off by sitting on a rocket like they saw in the movie.

Its called Jackass for a reason.
    1) It's rated R, so not many kids are going to be able to get in.

2) Why would the kids try and copy it? Warnings were displayed before and after the movie.

3) Where are kids going to get explosives that big?

I'm not going to read the thread because it's 4:30 AM and it would upset my aura.

But, I was going to see it today...but I've been f-ing sick all week. It's not fun at all.
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

I got the sarcasm in that; wasn't exactly hidden under layers of mystery hard.

Sarcasm is implied in voice tone. The only way you could imply sarcasm is by italicizing your text, or putting [sarcasm] and [/sarcasm] around your statement.

[sarcasm]But yeah, wishing death on people, comedy gold. I'm sure we'll be seeing great things from you in the future.[/sarcasm]
    [sarcasm]That's a great Idea![/sarcasm] See how much that would ruin it? He hardly wished death on people as his comment was sarcastic.
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

Hey more power to them. They found something there good at. Given that it's injuring and making fools out of themselves but who am i too judge.

I mean come on, how many times as a guy do you get whacked in the "family jewels" and never get a dime for it.
    How many web hosts does it take to screw in a light bulb?

I went and saw it last night.... Absolutely hilarious, definately worth seeing in theaters vs DVD.....simply because you get to hear all the oooo's when the guys rack themselves, or hurt themselves in an assortment of other ways etc. Their was a great variety of stunts, definately some very creative guys!
    -steve

Quote Originally Posted by thomase
    I got the sarcasm in that; wasn't exactly hidden under layers of mystery hard.

[sarcasm]That's a great Idea![/sarcasm] See how much that would ruin it? He hardly wished death on people as his comment was sarcastic.

Ahh you've got tha powa too! Good job Thomase!

Of course they can... not that difficult. Don't forget PPV channels and simple downloading of it from bittorrent
    2) Why would the kids try and copy it? Warnings were displayed before and after the movie.
    You're kidding me right? Kids will always do stupid stuff, even moreso when there are these great big warnings about not doing it. It's a rush.
    3) Where are kids going to get explosives that big?
    I don't know how 'big' the explosive is but if its anything short of c4 you never know these days

Its really not that hard at all.... At the theater near me, they have a machine you can buy your tickets through that I used to buy my Jackass 2 tickets.... All you need is a debit/credit card and you are good to go, no age verification at all....

Even if there was an age verification when they buy the tickets, minors could just buy a ticket to a G rated movie, and once they make past the ticket ripping guy, they can go to whatever movie they want.
    -steve

You're underestimating the stupidity of kids. Give it a month and you'll see many videos over the internet of kids pulling off stupid stunts like these. I know there was an influx of videos of kids breaking their bones with stunts around the time Jackass 1 came out.

I'd rather watch it on DVD so I can drink beer.

Ahh you've got tha powa too! Good job Thomase!
    I'm a little confussed. Is that a nice comment or a bad one? I've got the power, POWER!
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

How exactly are they idiots?
    An example from wikipedia:

Because of the nature of the film, everyone involved knew they could get away with doing stunts that would never get past television network censors. To that end, they included skits that involved profanity ... extreme stunts ... and extremely crude humor (such as Butt X-Ray, which involves inserting a toy car wrapped in a condom into Ryan Dunn's rectum and getting X-rays of his rear end).

HL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast