* wth...... pm spam...........

Got this pm from WPS

Hey!

I saw you on the WebHostingTalks Forum! I am a freelance website promoter specializing in search engine optimization and submission, and would love to help you promote your site. Unlike most companies I don't charge thousands of dollars, but rather $59. If interested, or you have any questions, please PM me back.

By the way, your site is very well designed!

WPS

It would've been more believable if my site was actually very well designed

yea, forwarded it to Chicken-meister and it should be dealt with appropriately. His pm-box is gonna be full tonight... lol

I get it also :(

Hi,

I also get it exactly the same PM and I reply to ask which site he is talking about my site as current the one in my profile is under construction... so nice construction site huh

Thanks.

Kindest regards,
    Choon
    Giam Teck Choon
    :: Join choon.net Community today to share your tips and tricks on server issues please ::
    :: Singapore Dedicated Servers :: Singapore Virtual Private Servers :: Linux/FreeBSD Server Management ::

Re: I get it also :(

Originally posted by choon
    Hi,

I also get it exactly the same PM and I reply to ask which site he is talking about my site as current the one in my profile is under construction... so nice construction site huh

Thanks.

Kindest regards,
    Choon
    lol i just looked at your site in construction. Boy thats beautiful design. I like the exquisite use of whitespace and having an easily visible contact address.

Re: Re: I get it also :(

Originally posted by aragon

lol i just looked at your site in construction. Boy thats beautiful design. I like the exquisite use of whitespace and having an easily visible contact address.

I feel very left out, I never received the spam. Someone care to spam me?

Brian
    MagnaSavings.com - Tech Bargains & Deals
    Check with us before you buy anything with a power cord!

User was banned already when I went to ban them...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

In my sig I ask people never to send me hosting offers, but I still get them
    Get your web design questions answered: Web Design Forums at http://www.turtletips.com/forums/ ; vBulletin Board of the Month.

Originally posted by filburt1
    In my sig I ask people never to send me hosting offers, but I still get them
    lol. thats like putting a sign in front of a convenience store saying "please dont rob me" and expecting the bad guys to listen...

Only difference is with the AWESOME ADMIN/MOD TEAM HERE there are metaphorical cops surrouding the building
    Get your web design questions answered: Web Design Forums at http://www.turtletips.com/forums/ ; vBulletin Board of the Month.

Re: I get it also :(

Originally posted by choon
    Hi,

Thanks.

Kindest regards,
    Choon
    Man, really nice site. I don't know what you used to compress those blank images and non existant html but the site loads really fast for me.
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com

Re: Re: I get it also :(

Originally posted by Jag

Man, really nice site. I don't know what you used to compress those blank images and non existant html but the site loads really fast for me.
    LOL

I heard someone developed a hack which enables to send all the users on the message board a message to their email and PM.

Now that's scary!
    Marketing For Hosting Companies:

Heh, now that's a hack that every forum needs... BLECH
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

No what I mean is that it allows the spammer to send to any vbulletin forum a message from his site!

Originally posted by Lonny
    No what I mean is that it allows the spammer to send to any vbulletin forum a message from his site!
    Bull...it would have crawl literally hundreds of thousands of links to get enough information.

That's why I said I heard - not really sure if it's true or not... but think of it - how horrible it might be!

The spammer in question was banned indefinitely, his URL censored and his IPs blocked, no second chance. Just a heads up for anyone else considering this.
    MattF - Since the start..

Thumbs up

Originally posted by MattF
    The spammer in question was banned indefinitely, his URL censored and his IPs blocked, no second chance. Just a heads up for anyone else considering this.
    Oh you give'em hell Matt!!!

I run a few forums myself and I just hate when people spam my members