Thread: Constant Load

Constant Load

I purchaced 2 resellers from here a few months back and the server is under constant load 20+ 30+ 50+ and higher sometimes, i keep reporting it and they do nothing not only do they do nothing they keep advertising here selling more space...

anyhow i was wondering if anyone knew of a script that could login to my account (cpanel) and get the current CPU load and graph it? as the time has come for me to help show others what this host is like, i would like a nice pretty graph that displays info for load

i know i could do this myself but with school holidays currently on here i just dont have the time

I'm just wondering what's the name of the company you bought from.
    You have ssh access? You could make a cron do a "w" on the server and print it in a file in your public_html directory
    You could also use phpsysinfo (http://phpsysinfo.sourceforge.net/)
    Got Fused?

i do not wish to say the hosts name yet, i would rather have some documentation to make it harder for them to come in here and post BS

nah mate i dont have SSH access

thank for the link mate but i had a quick look and it appears i would near more access to the server then my reseller accounts comes with to install/run it

You could make a cron do a "w" on the server and print it in a file in your public_html directory
    sorry mate i dont follow the "w" part (kids have given me a bad headache lol)

make a cron (to execute every 10 minutes or so) with the following command "w >> /home/yourusernamehere/public_html/load.html"
    (on one line, exclude the quotes)
    It will put the server load in a file, it will be updated every time cron is executed, you can go and take screenshots of the page ... I think that's the minimum you can execute ...
    Got Fused?

Quote Originally Posted by Siropel
    make a cron (to execute every 10 minutes or so) with the following command "w >> /home/yourusernamehere/public_html/load.html"
    (on one line, exclude the quotes)
    It will put the server load in a file, it will be updated every time cron is executed, you can go and take screenshots of the page ... I think that's the minimum you can execute ...
    thanks mate
    i will give that a go then do something with php to get the info and graph it

thanks for your help

the other thing to do is in php do

exec('uptime');

If you store the result in a mysql database, you should be able to seperate it out so that you get just the 1, 5 or 15minuite load averages, and once you have the numbers graphing is easy.
    Note to self: Add something funny!
    Search is your friend!

thanks tree-host

If you are unhappy why don't you take advantage of the money-back guarantee (which every host today should offer) and switch to less oversold host?

Quote Originally Posted by MrRadic
    If you are unhappy why don't you take advantage of the money-back guarantee (which every host today should offer) and switch to less oversold host?
    because by the time i relised how bad it was the time frame of getting a refund near ending and i did submit a request for a refund after a few days they replied(asking questions thereby dragging it out) i asked questions and the answers i received laid my "fears" to rest....

i often send emails stateing the server is under load they norm reply when the load is down and say something like "the server looks fine"

the last reply i recieved was
    It is normal for the serverload to spike at times. It's not really something we can control. It normally happesns when various server software auto-updates and cron jobs run.
    well here is a rough(but acurate) script, ignore the domain name it came in a package deal lol
    http://medicaldiscoveries.info/loadav.php
    which proves my point when i replied to them
    it isnt spiking it spends more time in the red then green currently
    the load is 20+ was 56+ for some time before

The load must be even higher now as your link times out every time I try it.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

*Waiting Waiting Waiting* Failed.

current load is 21 which is so far around avareage
    but it only "spikes" cough cough

it would appear their DNS Servers are down
    http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsre...=syristech.com

Hi

Apart from storing load, it would be good that you keep up to date backups out of that server...

Q
    ComfortHost.NET. Top quality hosting. And a personal touch.
    ** web hosting ** reseller hosting ** VPS ** Managed Servers **

Load shouldn't be higher than about 2%, and shouldn't spike to more than 10% at worste. I would get out of there, find a real host, with real servers, not oversold, with some actual uptime. I would force them to either give you a refund on the downtime or get a full refund because they lied to you about the spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by ethix
    I purchaced 2 resellers from here a few months back and the server is under constant load 20+ 30+ 50+ and higher sometimes, i keep reporting it and they do nothing not only do they do nothing they keep advertising here selling more space...

anyhow i was wondering if anyone knew of a script that could login to my account (cpanel) and get the current CPU load and graph it? as the time has come for me to help show others what this host is like, i would like a nice pretty graph that displays info for load

i know i could do this myself but with school holidays currently on here i just dont have the time
    come to my experience, you need to check the script installed on ur server.
    espacilly those php shopping cart, cause some of this problem once a while. always install latest patch.

second thing, check the timeout for page request. some faulty webpage server side codes, will keep looping and causing the 100% usage. try to terminate that within 30 sec.

CURRENT LOAD: 74%

I can't get anything below 41%

Quote Originally Posted by http://medicaldiscoveries.info/loadav.php
    syristech.com's Load and Load Average
    http://webhostingtalk.com/search.php?searchid=1483843

You're not the only one complaining. Syristech doesn't have too great of a reputation here.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRadic
    CURRENT LOAD: 74%

I can't get anything below 41%
    i have been away today (i updated the script before i left) and it appears the server has been better then normall as the av load has dropped to around 11.+

im guessing they have seen this post and are actually currently "attempting" to actually run the server, i am sure novalty will run out soon and it will be back in the red all the time (spikeing lol)

anyhow atleast now im not alone in seeing the high load, it was frustrating to keep receiving emails from them basically saying either
    1) i was lieing
    2) i didnt know what i was talking about

i have 2 resellers with them as at the time my gf asked me to get one for her also BUT you cant resell syristech space/bandwidth you couldnt even give it away unless you wanted a bunch of unhappy clients

@ PE-Steve that link is no good but i beleive you, i did do a search before i signed up with them even used google and i couldnt find much bad about them only what seemed to be the same person posting on alot of different forums complaining and their main complaint i think was about a dedicated so it wasnt(i didnt think) relevent to me

I think you should start loock for another provider
    ArzNet.com
    Providing Hosting & Domain Reseller since 2001
    Clientexec and Directi Domain Reseller with every Reseller Plan - 30 Day Trial Now Available!

yep lol i just loaded that page i did up and
    CURRENT LOAD: 12865%
    In Cpanel Terms: 128.65
    which is high even for them lol

up untill not long ago for the last few years i have admined 1-2 dedicated servers so i have always had plenty of space

now all i have another reseller and a VPS(for forums i host), i just started setting stuff up to do a bit of hosting mainly for ppl i know type thing then this happened(me signing up with syristech) not haveing much money i cant go out and get another reseller account

so currently i am stuck as i cant use syristech and the bit of space i have left i cant do much with

woohoo i just checked they are down to "only"
    CURRENT LOAD: 4680%
    In Cpanel Terms: 46.80
    lol

If you're on any shared/reseller server with even over 3-5% load, I'd probably move. Then again, maybe I just have higher standards and expectations out of providers.
    Last edited by sgarbus; 09-23-2006 at 10:11 AM.

i agree fully with you, as it is i have 2 reseller accounts that are useless and no funds to replace them, the frustating thing about it all is is how they have always replied to my emails makeing out like there is no problems...

i will admitt since starting this thread overall the load has got better but is still overall unacceptable and the fact that they keep posting here(at WHT) cramming more ppl on the server is *insert some swearing here*