Webintellects 2 months of real user exprerience.

I have setup the Webintellects VPS account 2 months ago as a launchpad to grow my business. I initially migrated only 1 website with 5-10 hits a day.
    I parked my domain to the new ns servers. And nothing worked.
    I contacted support and they said its my registrar. I ran the dsnreport and sent it to them. They rebooted the vps server and problem got fixed.
    Fine. Several days later I can't get my email. I ask to figure the problem out with dns. They rebooted it again. From that moment I was the one to do the reboots at least twice a week. The control panel was very slow on every action I did and it actually died a bunch of times and I had to reboot and reboot. Overall the down time was like 20 percent of all the time. I could not migrate my customers e-commerce to that rate of reliability.

Finally I got problems connecting via SSH via ip address.
    Support said they have file system problems and it takes a while to fix huge drives. The down time was several hours during the peak hours.

I decided to act and move to a value dedicated server. For the same price I got a 2.4GHz celeron with 1 gig of ram and 80Gig hdd VERSUS approx. 200Mhz guaranteed shared CPU (this is probably what I had 99% of the time) 384RAM and 15Gig of space.

The difference is tremendous. I can't be more than happy now to have my own reliable box.

Thank you.
    Michael.

Please provide your account number or domain name. I would like to investigate this 20% downtime. I believe that is a standard WHT exaggeration while posting online. If you want to post "real user exprerience", at least post the truth. Certainly not saying there could not have been issues, it happens and we apologize. But I will want to validate 20% downtime. I will also check the other two issues you stated by reviewing the tickets.

Thank you.
    BeDifferentSolutions | "For when Indian-based solutions just won't do."
    *We hire, train and manage extremely skilled technical support employees for your business*
    US and European Based Representatives | Dedicated and Semi-Dedicated Options | Level 1/2/3 Skillsets
    Expertise Since 1999 | www.bedifferentsolutions.com | info@bedifferentsolutions.com

I don't blame the hosting company for that. Support was nice and fast. It is just the bad first VPS experience that had nothing to do with the word "dedicated" or even "semi-dedicated".

My VPS server part had zero load and was failing all the time on me. The downtime is for my VPS and not for the whole network or the main server. I had to check my e-mail to figure out that my server was down. I don't know for how long it was down untill I checked the email and rebooted. And that e-mail diagnostics happened at least 10 times. Something was going bad and I did not want to take chances and got myself a dedicated machine. No more vps for me. Sorry.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mvpro
    I don't blame the hosting company for that. Support was nice and fast.
    Well, this is what I wanted to make sure of. Because if you had downtime and we were not fixing it, I would want to see why and who was working the tickets. I could never imagine someone opening a ticket with us and still suffer 20% downtime. It just does not happen.

I am happy things are working out better for you on your dedicated machine.
    BeDifferentSolutions | "For when Indian-based solutions just won't do."
    *We hire, train and manage extremely skilled technical support employees for your business*
    US and European Based Representatives | Dedicated and Semi-Dedicated Options | Level 1/2/3 Skillsets
    Expertise Since 1999 | www.bedifferentsolutions.com | info@bedifferentsolutions.com