Colo @ Infomart, Dallas, TX that uses Broadwing?

Hi all again,

I've revised my needs for a colo and now i'm looking for:
    10~20Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth
    Does 4U servers
    Located at Infomart, Dallas, TX.
    Uses Broadwing Bandwidth

Thanks again for the help ppl!

enlighten me -- why are you specifying Broadwing bandwidth?

LayeredTech/DataBank uses Broadwing...but why do you want Broadwing?
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Cause my servers at TP uses broadwing, and broadwing is just a floor up of tp at informart noc.

and since TP doesnt do colo, i'm finding an alternative

ThePlanet barely uses Broadwing....that is just one of their many providers. So do you need Broadwing or even Infomart for that matter?

Their are many providers in Infomart as it is one of, if not, the biggest data centers in Dallas.

If your looking to colocate you should expand your options, that's the great thing about colocating you get a lot more options.

If you go with Broadwing bandwidth its no way going to be the same as ThePlanet because ThePlanet has over 10 different providers for their bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by realrena
    Cause my servers at TP uses broadwing, and broadwing is just a floor up of tp at informart noc.

and since TP doesnt do colo, i'm finding an alternative
    TP definitely used to do colocation and I am pretty darn sure they still do. I do understand that they do not do colocations smaller than a rack, and usually sell private cages, etc.

it's just a speculation...
    So which one would you guys recommend?
    If I were to transfer data from a colo to the servers at TP infomart

Quote Originally Posted by Mark S
    TP definitely used to do colocation and I am pretty darn sure they still do. I do understand that they do not do colocations smaller than a rack, and usually sell private cages, etc.
    Yes...TP does still do colo...but for enterprise only...minimum a rack... when i only have 1 server to do colo

Try ColoGuys. Their in Infomart, and while they don't have broadwing, Ukyo runs an excellent facility. I believe their mix at the moment is Cogent, Level 3, and Global Crossing. The Planet uses many bandwidth providers, you shouldn't have to limit yourself to broadwing.

Alex

Their old website (which I think was still up just a few weeks ago) actually said it was 'the biggest technology facility in the world'. I don't know if that's true, but I can't say that I know of a telecom hotel that tops 1.6 million sq. feet.

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx
    Their are many providers in Infomart as it is one of, if not, the biggest data centers in Dallas.
    Corey Northcutt | Northcutt
    Competitive inbound marketing with a hosting industry competency.
    Social | Content | Optimization | Outreach

Quote Originally Posted by realrena
    it's just a speculation...
    So which one would you guys recommend?
    If I were to transfer data from a colo to the servers at TP infomart
    you mean from TP to your colo??

Well you could transfer data from one server to anywhere in the world...so just being in Infomart with a certain provider shouldn't be your limitations.

If you want Dallas, Infomart would be a good start but check out the other colo providers in that building or in that city even.

What is your budget for 10-20mbps unmetered? What requirements for bandwidth? quality or budget?