* Who's the best host in the market now ?

Who's the best host in the market now ?

wow - what a loaded question !!!

any host worth their salt will think they are the best...

What I would recommend is to check out the uptime stats of various hosts and to look at hosts with positive review and a history of proven uptime and reliability
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Yes, I do believe in that...

Yes, I do believe in that... I am trying to make it much easier, since everyone is doing a lot of research on "who's the best?" so I asked :-)

Anyway, thanks for you sincere reply, appreciated.

-John.

From the wise words of *someone*, "there is no best host, only the best host for you"

As anon-e-mouse stated there is no single host that can be called 'the best'.

You may be able to limit down your choice if you throw in some specifications such as:

disk space/bandwidth usage
    platform (linux, windows)
    control panel preference
    Any other features you would like to have included.

Even with the above information nobody will be able to provide you with the best host but may be able to give some suggestions.

I will just say the same here, there is no one best hosting service. What you want in a hosting company should point you in the right direction.

I too find myself curious about this topic.

I think there is a certain level of compromise when deciding on a webhost because not all of them offer exactly the same features, pricing, server setup, etc.

I'm more interested in knowing what host you use, why you like them and the type of reseller account you have.

Thanks.

Go to: http://www.jubileestallions.org/

In their "Find Reviews" Search box, type in the domain name and...,

1. See what their users had to say.
    2. Check the number of negative votes versus positive votes.

Also, go to http://www.webhosting.info/ and check to see if they host a significant number of domains. It will indicate the size of the company.

Also, check http://www.alexa.com/ and see where the host ranks on search engines. This will indicate their popularity, or advertising budget.

Choose based on what matters most to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ServersAndDomains
    Also, go to http://www.webhosting.info/ and check to see if they host a significant number of domains. It will indicate the size of the company.
    Webhosting.info is not a good indicator of how many domains a company hosts. If you use generic nameservers to protect resellers (like we and many other companies do), you will not get an accurate figure.

Quote Originally Posted by felit0
    Webhosting.info is not a good indicator of how many domains a company hosts. If you use generic nameservers to protect resellers (like we and many other companies do), you will not get an accurate figure.
    I agree completely, the number itself is highly inaccurate. But you can see when a host has 3 accounts versus a host that has thousands.

I agree completely, the number itself is highly inaccurate. But you can see when a host has 3 accounts versus a host that has thousands.
    I don't think you understood, they use nameservers as a means to count how many domains a company hosts. For example if you look for dinohost.com you will find find virtually no data, when you search for one of our private "generic" nameserver domains (i.e. oursecretnameservers.net) you find we host hundreds of domains.
    Last edited by din0; 09-20-2006 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CartikaHosting
    wow - what a loaded question !!!

any host worth their salt will think they are the best...

What I would recommend is to check out the uptime stats of various hosts and to look at hosts with positive review and a history of proven uptime and reliability
    Well said!! However, you may want to be careful of some review sites as many will try to cheat the system to get "brownie points". Reputable review sites, current network status, and proven track of uptime will generally give you a better idea of who is boss. Also if you are talking in means of "who is the best" in general as far as repuation goes, then mouse couldn't have said it better... there is no best host, only the best host for you!
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

This is pretty much exactly the reason I've asked to hear about who your host is and why you like them. The fact is the only people you can reliably trust are fellow webmasters but everyone seems to be dodging the question for some strange reason.

Quote Originally Posted by felit0
    I don't think you understood, they use nameservers as a means to count how many domains a company hosts. For example if you look for dinohost.com you will find find virtually no data, when you search for one of our private "generic" nameserver domains (i.e. oursecretnameservers.net) you find we host hundreds of domains.
    I understand. If you look for serversanddomains.com, you will only see the domains that we host on 1 of our 5 hosting platforms, and only our clients. Not the domains hosted by our resellers with private name servers. It doesn't show any of the thousands of domains we host on our 4 other hosting platforms.

Do you give every customer anonymous name servers, or do your direct clients use your dinohost.com name servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    This is pretty much exactly the reason I've asked to hear about who your host is and why you like them. The fact is the only people you can reliably trust are fellow webmasters but everyone seems to be dodging the question for some strange reason.
    Mainly you get responses like the ones above for the fact that there are just toooooo many web hosting providers in the industry. Even if members were to talk about who they go through and why they like them on this thread...it probably wouldn't give you a better idea of who is the "best" web host then you already have now. With that being said, most members might tell you their experience with their current or former web hosting providers, but generally its best to narrow your broad term as best web hosting provider down to a few hosting firms and search for reviews on them. Members choose web hosting providers for various reasons. Some consumers search based on pricing, some based on the need and want. Your need may be different then others, so you may not find a solid answer to your question here. However, if you just look around WHT you will find the "most talked about" then basically you make the choice and pretty much answer your own question.

The best host is a host that "cares about their customers and not how loaded their pockets are " . 24X7 live support doesnt mean anything nor does uptime mean anything, for me personally i care about feeling comfortable and when talking to the host(whatever hosting u choose) you should feel like ur talking to a friend or a family member.And host which doesnt lie about things and is frank and open to their customers.

Regards
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

I agree with that aswell. User experience is A+ benefit. Its always a good feeling to know that your hosting provider is behind you 110% percent. I think that having a good user experience will tremendously grow word of mouth aswell.