Looking for 4U 10~20Mbps Unmetered Dallas Colo

Hey guys

I'm trying to find a company that is preferably based in Dallas, or have data center in dallas, that would allow me to do 4U server and 10~20Mbps Unmetered

Anyone could recommend me any?

Thanks

Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Are they reliable?

Colo4Dallas is very reliable. I think you will find several others on this forum who will confirm this.
    David
    Beenanza, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru

I agree, definitely Colo4Dallas.
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation

I will also give the to Colo4Dallas. I was there for over a year, never had any issues what so ever. Great network, awesome staff.

I would agree with Colo4Dallas.com as well. You didn't specify if you wanted premium or budget bandwidth though. If you are after an unmetered Cogent connection for example then take a look at C4D's 4unMetered.com product line. Their main C4D network provides BGP'd InterNAP and Level 3 bandwidth with HSRP drops and a 100% SLA on power and network connectivity.

- Chris

ok i chosed Colo4Dallas...
    Before I take a flight to there... is there anything i should be notified of?

Colo4dallas was good until we tried to use more than 100 Mbps of bandwidth and they threw a 1 year contract down our throats....

I recommend cologuys...

-- unless you're wanting level3/internap... then colo4dallas. --

Quote Originally Posted by guarnibl
    Colo4dallas was good until we tried to use more than 100 Mbps of bandwidth and they threw a 1 year contract down our throats....

Thats really not that uncommon, especially with their carriers.
    SDCServers.com
    100mbps+ Bandwidth Solutions

If you are using that much bandwidth, why would you have a problem with a contract? With premium carriers, they need to protect themselves as they are probably having to raise their commit levels so they aren't getting charged "burst prices" which are normally more than the normal cost per Mb/s.
    James Lumby

I can't really go into much detail... but we were pretty much given the idea that it wouldn't be a problem.

Normally I don't have problems with contracts. It's not that. However, we went with them in the first place because we didn't have to do that.

hmm will try colo4dallas myself thanks for the info

If you want to do some comparison I suggest you try looking at ColoGuys. Ukyo runs an excellent datacenter and they have Cogent, Level 3, and Global Crossing in their mix.

Best of luck,
    Alex

That is a standard business practice in this industry, and is not something I would fault C4D on. When you start using large amounts of bandwidth, it becomes a greater risk to them. Remember that C4D has to sign 1 year contracts with their upstream providers, so if you're going to use a larger amount of bandwidth, then they want you to sign a similar contract as well. It is to protect them from having to hold the bag if you stop paying or cancel your service.

This industry is full of annual contracts. When you're a small customer, many providers like C4D shield you from having to worry about contracts. They provide you the flexibility of being able to pay on a monthly basis, and they accept the associated risks. When you start using sizable amounts of resources, then you have to start playing the real game.
    Last edited by bqinternet; 09-26-2006 at 08:11 PM.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Colo4Dallas is absolutely fantastic.

Virpus operates out of there, and I was quite impressed. Virpus-Ken would attest to that.
    AS395558

I have no problems with colo4dallas's service. I do understand your point on the contract thing. That being said, it was our choice, and we made the choice to leave. They just didn't offer the flexibility we needed at the time, so we left and it found it somewhere else.

I would have stayed with them if they had a better mixture of bandwidth to offer us. However, they couldn't offer us a nice medium ground between the normal premium bandwidth and budget bandwidth. We're at a company now that already has that available, and gladly signed a contract. At the time, it was either strictly cogent, or strictly level3/internap.
    Last edited by guarnibl; 09-28-2006 at 10:14 PM.

18. If you are looking for No Nonsense Serious Co-Location Colo4Dallas is the way to go in Dallas area. We have a very good experience with them.