Looking for SMTP service for mass emailing...

Hello,

I have a client that has a php script that sends newsletters. However, his current host has us to throttle the email sends to 1 email every 3 seconds...

Are there SMTP services that exist that would allow my php script to connect to a 3rd party SMTP server to send the emails without any limits?

Thanks...

Yes, phpMailer will allow you to connect to any SMTP server of your choice and send e-mails from there. But I believe this needs to be installed by your host.

http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net/

<removed>
    Last edited by bear; 09-22-2006 at 11:55 AM.

check http://www.constantcontact.com.

otherwise, your host will run a high risk of getting their IP's blacklisted.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

godaddy could work

Bravehost.com is free and i believe unlimited!!!

Also try phplist as your script (which I think is using phpmailer), it makes life even more easier.

Quote Originally Posted by canstocker
    Hello,

I have a client that has a php script that sends newsletters. However, his current host has us to throttle the email sends to 1 email every 3 seconds...

Are there SMTP services that exist that would allow my php script to connect to a 3rd party SMTP server to send the emails without any limits?

Thanks...
    sound like you would need a professional SMTP server software. not those $30 dolar end user software. it would easily cost you 10 times of that cost.

try look for MERAK smtp server.
    very high speed email outgoing.

one more thing, setup the UNSUBSCRIBE features in ur email broadcasting. anoying when user cant remove frm list.

Quote Originally Posted by sourav
    Also try phplist as your script (which I think is using phpmailer), it makes life even more easier.
    phplist might be very sluggish for big lists

To outsource the whole thing a cheaper alternative to constantcontact is MailerMailer(www.mailermailer.com) we have had clients use them in the past.
    SkyLineHost.com
    ▓ ▓ Shared hosting that soars above the competition
    ▓ ▓ ▓ Based in Los Angeles. sales@skylinehost.com

Quote Originally Posted by ganhockann
    sound like you would need a professional SMTP server software. not those $30 dolar end user software. it would easily cost you 10 times of that cost.

try look for MERAK smtp server.
    very high speed email outgoing.

one more thing, setup the UNSUBSCRIBE features in ur email broadcasting. anoying when user cant remove frm list.
    Its not the MTA, its the configuration. You can get a VPS and use exim fine with mass mailing.

But this poster might just want to contact a company to send the mail for him, unless they want to shell out for a VPS. And wants to configure Exim themself.