give tips to make hosting site

give me a idea to start a file hosting site like uploading.com, megaupload.com
    give me tips to make sucesfull hosting site

what kind of servers can be use and management

thanks in advance

Theres lots of things that you need to think about..

The there probably 4 main factors that will make you a success, Ease of use, advertising, speed, and max file size.

With the ease of use, i would recomend that you either get a good designer, or spend a good amount of time researching, and developing a system that is very easy to use. Please like things that are user friendly.

Advertising is the big part, you need to advertise yourself, and you need to earn your money from advertising, this means having a good advert system on your site, that give users links that they want to click, without taking over the whole site.

Speed is an easy one, but can get costly, because of the amount of bandwidth you will end up needing, you will probably need to think about dedicated 100mbps lines, or maybe even 1000mbps lines to your server(s) depending how you decide to cluster them (and if you want to make it big you will need a cluster for storage, and redundancy).

File size is a hard one, if you let people upload upto 1Gb, then you need to have the space for that, and you will need to cluster your servers however if you only allow only 1mb then you wont need as much diskspace but at the same time, it wont be as useful.
    Note to self: Add something funny!
    Search is your friend!

give me more information about servers

thank you for your ideas
    and pls can u give me more informations like speed like
    what kind of dedicated servers can be use and where can i buy that dedicated servers and how much i have to spend for the servers

and also the advertishment what the right place to advertise the file uploading websites

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by tree-host
    Theres lots of things that you need to think about..

The there probably 4 main factors that will make you a success, Ease of use, advertising, speed, and max file size.

With the ease of use, i would recomend that you either get a good designer, or spend a good amount of time researching, and developing a system that is very easy to use. Please like things that are user friendly.

Advertising is the big part, you need to advertise yourself, and you need to earn your money from advertising, this means having a good advert system on your site, that give users links that they want to click, without taking over the whole site.

Speed is an easy one, but can get costly, because of the amount of bandwidth you will end up needing, you will probably need to think about dedicated 100mbps lines, or maybe even 1000mbps lines to your server(s) depending how you decide to cluster them (and if you want to make it big you will need a cluster for storage, and redundancy).

File size is a hard one, if you let people upload upto 1Gb, then you need to have the space for that, and you will need to cluster your servers however if you only allow only 1mb then you wont need as much diskspace but at the same time, it wont be as useful.

To be honest If you dont already have some ideas, i carnt say i would reocmend it.

Your servers will depend on how you want to go, but to uby the hardware, your looking at 10,000 + when you get bigger, but a good first server will probably be a few thousand. If you want to rent the server, it again depends on what you decide to offer, if you plan on givving lots and been busy, you could me looking at 1000 a month depending on how much diskspace and bandwidth you want / need.
    Search is your friend!

5. A free file hosting site costs a lot of $$$$ to run. If you are not familiar with running something like this I would reccomend looking into the paid hosting market.

please can u give me the address of people who runnng paid hosting

uploading.com

ok to run a hosting like uploading.com
    how much will cost to the servers and marketing

Quote Originally Posted by tree-host
    To be honest If you dont already have some ideas, i carnt say i would reocmend it.

Your servers will depend on how you want to go, but to uby the hardware, your looking at 10,000 + when you get bigger, but a good first server will probably be a few thousand. If you want to rent the server, it again depends on what you decide to offer, if you plan on givving lots and been busy, you could me looking at 1000 a month depending on how much diskspace and bandwidth you want / need.

That all depends on how big you expect to be....

If you think that one server with say 1000GB of diskspace and 100Mbp/s will handel what your wanting to do, then your looking at somewhere around 2-3000 per month.

It really does depend on your plan.

With uplaoding.com we carnt see what they are running.

They claim to have "hundreds of thousands of visitors" and according to the tracker on their site, thats per day. So if you say that 100,000 people download a 5mb file, then your going to need the bandwidth to accomidate that on a daily basis.

This is something that you need to reasearch, number of disitors you expect, number of files, size of files etc etc.
    Search is your friend!

9. With a free uploading site you will receive many files that may be copyrighted or illegal. Be sure to sit down with a lawyer and write a very well developed terms of service to exclude you from any liability.

ok to go upto 1000GB space where can i get that weather from dedicated servers or own servers , and give ideas about advertishing

is it better to give my wesite marketing works to a company if then give me the link of better advertishing compaNY

THANKS

You will need to reseach different hosting providers, try softlayer, layeredtech for renting servers. Also check the offers and requests for some good deals.

Advertising, this is something thats down to you, where do you want to advertise?

We carnt do all the work for you
    Search is your friend!

Notice the word SELF in "self-employed". If you are not even able to gather those bits of information yourSELF or expect others to tell you how to set up your business, you better stick to finishing school first.

Thank You For Ur Information

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFORMATION

no idea about where to advertish

Quote Originally Posted by devarmagan
    give me a idea to start a file hosting site like uploading.com, megaupload.com
    give me tips to make sucesfull hosting site

what kind of servers can be use and management

thanks in advance
    mega upload.... nice. i been thinking this once ago as well.

here is something that i realised. there is problem for most user when uploading, connection disconnected. resume upload. multithread upload etc. we want fast, uninteruptable uploading & downloading.

beside finding a solutions, you will need a good file uploaded as well.
    i been considering activex component, or program based uploader to ftp account.

keeping a customer is harder than finding 1.