Where does Awstats gather info from?

Hi all,

I have lost around 48 hours worth of stats within Awstats, and am unsure why. The server was under very heavy load for 24 hours within that period, however I still lost many stats from before the server was getting ambushed.

I have half a days worth of stats for the 18th and 20th, but nothing for the 19th. Absolute zero. During the heavy load, I did some random things around the server, but am unsure what I did to broke the stats. I did restart Cpanel as per a recommendation in an auto-generated e-mail from the server.

I also removed the domlogs folder to start them over as they were getting full.

I'd love to know for sure exactly what caused this, so that it will not happen again.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If there is no logfile generated for the domain then there is possibilities that no one has access the site on 19th of september.

If you have logfile and having any other problem while updating, then what is the error message you are getting while updating? what os?
    Live Your DreamZ
    ~Besty

Well.. there is a log generated for the domain, under /usr/local/apache/domlogs, but I clean them out regularly because it reaches near 250MB a day. Apache maxes out at 2GB files so I try to keep on top of it.

But, I've cleaned them out before and don't recall ever running into this problem before... or lost stats in general.

Here is what I am running:

WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-S120
    CentOS 4.4 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

CPanel has a mechanism that halts the stats grinder when load reaches a certain level. Could this have been the case? Adjust your stats grinder settings from your WHM panel. Disabling unused stats packages, and reducing the grind frequency can definitely help on overloaded servers.
    circlical - hosting software development
    forums * blog