a good web host, with lots of bandwith?

Hello I'm new here. I am interested in puchasing a shared server. To my nowledge noone can go into your sever and mess it up on a shared server? I want a server that has great service that wont shut me down and a awsome amount of banwdith. It would be cool if it came with ssl. I found a web provider called lypha.com with a twelve month fee of $8 a month. Any imput...should I go with anyone else.

Welcome to WHT! SSL is usually something purchased seperatly from your hosting. How much bandwidth and space are you looking to get?
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions

3. How much bandwidth are you looking for? What type of site are you planning to run?

I am planning to be running multiple sites, some with and without security. I am looking for at least 1tb of bandwith I think...I was hoping for a good price and service.

If you are looking for 1tb of bandwidth you might want to look at getting a dedicated server. Are you just starting out or have you been in business long?

I am starting out. I dont want a dedicated becasue of there price. I want something under $100 a year.(thats what i got)

its seems to me many shared support multiple websites anyway...but you probably have to buy the website license for everyone.

8. Your going to have a lot of trouble finding 1 TB of bandwidth for under $100 per year. I would reccomend looking for a host that offers 60-100 GB of bandwidth to start and then as your sites develop upgrading a dedicated server.

maybe im confused but lypha and dreamhost supplies 1tb bandwith for $100 year dont they.....with unlimites domains and sub domains....I am new to this game though.

They may offer it but I bet if you actually use it your site wont be up, not for using the bandwidth but for some other violation (cpu usage).

I wont ever use that much im just a fan of overkill. Is there a solution...no matter how much bandwith just the best deal i can get?

12. I you will not actually be using a high amount of bandwidth then I would reccomend going with the most reliable host you can find. Do some searches on WHT and on hostsearch.com.

If you are starting off, then why look for 1TB of data, go with something you know will be reliable and has proven to be reliable.

H i Timewaster... I see you are looking for hosting offering way more b/w than you will ever need. Cool.
    You mention Lypha and DreamHost. Well, if choosing between those I would advise against Lypha.
    I saw them getting the distinction of "one of the worst web hosts" in one place, based on customer feedback.

If you are also considering hosts that don't do such MASSIVE overselling, there are plenty good ones, that do offer multi-domain hosting.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

DreamHost offers 1TB or more for less than 100$ per year.
    Servage, as well. But servage offers a lot less features (no log, not much stat,
    no ssh, no fast-cgi, and so on, but it's simple to use.)
    There are some others, too.

Within some limitations, they are really awsome.

Of several low budget hosts I've used, I like DreamHost.
    Servage is usable for certain purposes, where security, logging nor quick FTP isn't needed.

But you should always remember that you are using a low budget host
    and they can't possibly give you lots of support time.
    Also, 1TB is Max. You usually want to get a host that offer ssat least ten time your normal load, IMO.
    Otherwise it's too easy to go over the limit and get shut down or charged for extra bandwidth.
    It's not good for your stress level.

Other than that, PHP is a slow heavy reasource hog and should be avoided if the host has CPU time limit.
    You can use your host a lot more by using other normal languages like C, C++, Ocaml, Perl.
    (Avoid OOP, heavy modules in Perl, as well.)

Simple small tasks can be done with shellscript, which is very light and fast enough for small scripts.
    Last edited by extras; 09-21-2006 at 08:55 AM.

does dreamhost have a CPU time limit.

if you have a Domain Registration for one website can you move it to a dedicated server with a other campany later? Can dreamhost support a phpbb forum....with some amount of memebers (60 on at once)
    Last edited by timewaster; 09-21-2006 at 12:04 PM.

I would certainly go for Dreamhost. 1 TB per month bandwidth (which automatically increases weekly by 8 GB) in such low price is awesome. Besides, one can use coupon codes to get high discounts.
    Last edited by Insight; 09-21-2006 at 12:26 PM.
    Comparison chart of my five Best Shared Hosting
    (With Coupon Codes for heavy discount !):
    http://Hosting.CompareHot.com

Quote Originally Posted by timewaster
    if you have a Domain Registration for one website can you move it to a dedicated server with a other campany later? Can dreamhost support a phpbb forum....with some amount of memebers (60 on at once)
    You can easily change domain settings if your registrar has provided you with control panel (and I guess it certainly has the control panel).
    Dreamhost can support phpbb forum with the members more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by timewaster
    does dreamhost have a CPU time limit.
    As far as I know, Dreamhost has not CPU usage limit. However, you should be careful not to use the resources unnecessarily, and not to affect other users of the shared server.

There is a CPU time limit with DreamHost.
    You can see how many CPU seconds your app is using in the stat directory
    (after activating the CPU time stat).

I'd say phpBB with small number of user should be fine.
    As PHP (and many of popular php apps) use lots of resources,
    it may cause a problem if it gets accessed by lots of users.
    (But that's same for any host.)

As far as resource related limit is concerned, Servage may offer
    a little bit more flexibility than DreamHost.

There are many ways to get a coupon code up to $97 discount for DreamHost.
    There are different coupons for Servage, too.

And there are some other hosts with similar bandwidth.
    I think site5 is offerring an interesting package if you are willing to try them out
    despite all bad comments they are getting recently.

If you settle for 400-500GB/month range, there are yet more choices, too.