URGENT! Restoring Plesk backups

Hi everyone,

My 1st time posting here so bare with me!

I'm trying to restore a Plesk backup in the newest version of plesk (it's around 6gigs), but it loggs out automatically after a certain time period - meaning it can never finish!

What can I do!? I'm on a dedicated Linux server. Remote desktop, root acess?
    I have no clue too be honest!

I'm not 100% of the answer, but you are in a rush, so I'll post all the same!

I think you can upload the file to your dedicated server somewhere, then from shell, you can use this command:

/usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -f <path_to_the_dump_file> --single-domain-mode --domain-name <domain_name> --domain-ip <domain_ip> --client-login <client_login>

Apparently, according to

I may be wrong, but if your site is down, I guess you want any help you can get at this stage.

Restore from the shell using the instructions from the swsoft site, making sure to create the map files. Prepare for some frustration as restoring a plesk backup can be difficult if you don't have your ducks in a row.
    It's not a party without an evil banana!

Thanks guys - that's great.

1 thing I'm a bit unsure on, what parts do I edit?

/usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -f <path_to_the_dump_file> --single-domain-mode --domain-name <domain_name> --domain-ip <domain_ip> --client-login <client_login>

Just the sections within the "< >" ?

I haven't had to do it before, but yeah I guess just the bits within those characters.

I would probably not include < and > on either side by the way.

So, it would be a bit like this:

/usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -f /home/whatever.whatever --single-domain-mode --domain-name --domain-ip --client-login myclientlogin

and that should do it.

Thankyou Stephanhughson :-)

If my domain name details are stored within the backup I'm trying to get up, do I still enter that domain name into the ?

Also, I should leave the very 1st "/usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore" as it is?

The first bit:

I think you just leave that as it is.

The domain name details, I guess you would still put it in the

The best place to ask is the Plesk forum at
    I have used Plesk before, but haven't needed to do this. The guys and girls on the Plesk forum will know for sure.

Thankyou again - HUGE help!!! :-)