Another Godaddy Dedicated Servers Review

Well, before i used their dedicated servers offering , i did read a lot including good and bad reviews about their services, the main disadvantage i did expect was the slow email support and no live support and unexpert support as i read.
    That didnt stop me from signing up ( over 6 months ago ) , because i do manage my own servers and i didnt expect to use much of support so i was tempted by their pricing besides i own a resller account so i had way much discount over the current pricing structure so it was great pricing at least for me.

The reason am writing this review is because as this forum is , to cover more aspects of the hosts we use and datacenters.
    The first thing that wasnt mentioned or i didnt pay attention to it written anywhere here in previous reviews was their way of handling SMPT for dedicated servers.
    I spent the first day trying to find out why i cant sent an email to outside servers.
    Then i learned that i had to use their own SMTP server out (integrate a rule within my exim for that ) so all outgoing email go automatically and pass their filters , which is great method for reducing spam and blacklisting their IPs (our assigned IPs)
    Neverthless it was 1000 email ONLY per day ! I was shocked, i was just finished moving gigas of data and dont have time to argue, i emailed them expecting their lack of cooperation as i had an idea from previous reviews, but again they were helpfull, all they needed is why and how much smtp should or expect to use daily , i started with 20,000 per day and i was told they will be monitoring me.
    So all the things were coming to my benifit at last !
    Now as for their support , yes they are a little slow , and normally for those who dont know yet how they work, they will be shocked to wait up to few hours to recieve an email saying please send you customer number plus pin or last 6 digits of your account before we can help you, so basically to have a faster response you need to email them directly with your question and always include
    my customer number is : + my support pin is ... or my last 6 digits of cc is ...
    This will save u double waiting time.
    One last thing i found helpfull to me was , i could always call them and get direct help except for billing issues that cannot be done on weekends.

Well this is my short two points review for searchers, please note that other points can still be found at other threads and this is only to cover the points i didnt find myself when searched for them.
    Lastly, i still hope to hear more about things maybe i have not yet experienced or other reviews that were not covered.
    POINTLeb Hosting Lebanese Hosting for the Middle East
    The fact that no one understands you , does not make you an artist
    Mo Ghaoui's Personal Blog

Were/Are you happy with them? I assume you are planning on keeping this server with them. Would you get another server from them? How long do reboot requests take?

-Jason
    Have you considered Semi-dedicated Hosting? 4 - 8 accounts per server. Less overhead than VPS, better performance for the price.
    DopeDomains.com - 15,000 New Domains a day. indexed by Pagerank, backlinks, Hits, and Length.

well yes am happy as i am not complaining so far for anything !
    Oh well sorry , i forgot one incident that annoyed me and i did not mention but here i have to ( though its not yet affecting my decision to stay )
    The incident is when some one from piracy reports reported a vbulletin software on my server unlicensed and should be removed, they did turn off my server depending on the fact they know him and his authenticaty so they took his word for it before verifyin with me, then i had to email him to verify the license and so forwarded the email to them ( caused me an 8 hours downtime ) and the vbulletin was licensed though but they didnt verify with me first !
    Anyway this is nto affecting my decision because this is what i call hard luck and it might happen with any dc that takes care of illegal software included in their policy.

As for reboot requests , i do my own occasionaly , and if the server needed a reboot from their side , so far this happened once to me since 6 months (emergency reboots) , i remember it took them over 30 minutes to do so .(annoying but as i explained it rarely happens )
    They also have in their hosting manager a "scheduled reboot" you can just go there schedule your reboot time ( in 15 minutes intervals ) as long as you schedule it an hour earlier than ur desired time and it will be rebooted.
    POINTLeb Hosting Lebanese Hosting for the Middle East
    The fact that no one understands you , does not make you an artist
    Mo Ghaoui's Personal Blog