Modernbill vs WHM.autopilot

Hi,

my current setup is cPanel and I plan on accepting paypal, as well as using 2checkout.com for CC processing. The two billing extensions I had in mind were ModernBill or WHM.autopilot. Modernbill has alot of brand name recognition (only one I had heard of anyways) but WHM.autopilot seems to be pretty good too. I guess what I'm interested in finding out is to hear from ppl who had problems with either or, which wasn't resolved in a statisfied manner. I intend on using the automated account creation process as well as sell domains. One big plus for ModernBill (unless I missed it in WHM.autopilot) is the fact that you can use fraudguard to verify orders.

Thanks for all your opinions.

Erik

Well the new whmautopilot of a complete waste of time.

I switched to whmcs after whmautopilot reasled there new version, since the checkout looks like your ordering some sort of product and not hosting, if you read though the whmautopilot site you will see people are asking for the old design, since new one is just not good.

I would go with modernbill if you are looking for something pro and good looking.

Well the new whmautopilot of a complete waste of time.
    I would have to agree, I was expecting a much better product for the v3 version.

I have never used WHMAP however ModernBill V5 isin't compatable with 2checkout at this time. Actually, I just read a post in the modernbill forum a couple hours ago that stated the 2checkout release may not be for another 6-12 months. Pretty upsetting.

Anyway, ModernBill V4 can still be used until V5 is complete but I wish they would just get their act together and develop the 2checkout module.

FYI - ModernBill V4 doesn't integrate with 2checkout reacurring payments. There expecting this to work in V5 but as I meantioned above this may not happen for another year. I would actually checkout lpanel. They've been doing some pretty good things over there.

Modernbill is much more customizable in my opinion

WHMAP is supposeively to be re-brand to another name, so people will not think it it just a product for CP.

Hopefully during that rebrand, a better version of v3 will come out.
    Vimhost - Your Data is SAFE!
    Call Us! -
    1-647-259-8548

Check out AWBS and Clientexec.

Here's a few of those I know.

Whois.Cart
    AcroLive CP
    ClientExec
    AccountLab Plus

In my opinion, ModernBill will never support recurring functions of 2Checkout (there are dozens of threads in their forums, and all I can see there is delay.. .most likely because like they say it's impossible to do such thing - I don't believe ModernBill would forget about 2CO for so long).
    A good thing to do is perhaps to get a Merchant Account somewhere and let 2CO be one of your secondary gateways.
    » Oxyte Communications, LLC - "Superior, that's the term."
    » Reseller Hosting at extremely affordable rates backed up by our ultra protective Service Level Agreement.
    » Includes: Billing System, eNom Domain Reseller Account, Branded cPanel Theme, RVSkin (23 languages), Private Nameservers & more!

If you're serious about your business, get an Authorized.net merchant account and Modernbill. We started out with 2CO and PayPal, and eventually setup our own merchant account. If we had to do it all over again, we'd have a merchant account from the start. You'll be thankful in the long run.

www.awbs.com has a good system and the domain mgmt tools are better then MB or the others.
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!