Question Moving to VPS ...need your suggestions

Hello friends

I'm new to WHT , actually i came here yesterday because my current hosting provider today said that i need to move to a VPS because my forum is consuming more and more sql resources (because i am on shared hosting )

So, here i am ...looking for some reliable vps now..but leme first tell you that i am a total noooob in this VPS stuff.

Sofar (after searching) i have 2 hosts in mind. They are- Servint.net AND Futurehosting.biz but truly saying i don't have that much budget at this moment.

Here are my requirements:
    10Gb space
    100 Gb b/w
    512 ram
    Fully managed

Budget is max $25/months .....

So, any suggestions? any recomendation? or should i wait and simply go for one of the host listed above

Hi

You will need to lift your budget..regarding the server spec's you are after..

Seems quite a few good reviews regarding Servint and Futurehosting.

I gather you will also need a Control-panel...since you are with a shared hosting provider.

10Gb space
    100 Gb b/w
    512 ram
    Fully managed

Budget is max $25/months .....
    Good luck

If you choose directadmin and didn't host 'huge forums/portals/etc' 256MB of ram should be enough.

Yea i also think 256MB ram will be ok, but i somewhere read at vbulletin.com forums that vbulletin need minimum of 512mb of ram. My forum is just new about 2-3months old ..is it true i need to have atleast 512mb of ram?

PS Thanks Unix-Aussie.Host and sspt for the suggestions

I think i better contact vbulletin and ask what type of VPS should i purchase!

I don't think you can get 512mb with management for $25/mo

I think i can afford upto $40/month now... now lets see